Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Transparent Textures fix?

BenJi2D
node
Offline / Send Message
BenJi2D node
Hi there guys, it's me again! 
I tried to find answer on youtube and google and unfortunately I did not. Only thing that was close to a "solution" was this - "I got the transparency to work in ZBrush in the mean time. It magically just started to accept .png files without a hassle and i'be had no problem since."
People told him to use other software, but then it magically fixed for him. Well, for me it did not.
I tried to export my file from Illustrator and Photoshop, both times as a .png with transparent / no background. But when I try to paint it, it has a black background even tho the file itself doesn't have a background. I also tried to turn on Texture->Transparent Texture and tried to make the background 100% black, both times...it does not work.
Even if I make it work there is another problem, the texture produces itself from both sides, bottom and top. I want it to be only on top. Can you help? I'm sure it's something easy that I just can't find. I also tried using the Spotlight or something, but the texture comes out very pixelated.
Here's a picture - http://i.imgur.com/X7bhsMZ.jpg

Replies

• BenJi2D
    Offline / Send Message
    BenJi2D node
    For the texture going only on top side, not top and bottom the fix is  - Brush-> Auto Masking -> and then activate Backface Mask. It seems like the texture kinda has opacity....but is kinda a good solution for now! 
    For the strange opacity, open the Curve below the Backface Mask and turn the left side all the way up! That way the texture will be 100% solid!
    Okay now only the transparency part left!

• BenJi2D
    Offline / Send Message
    BenJi2D node
    BTW I think Zapplink will do the job for the cape (not sure, have to try), BUT...the character has tattoos wrapped around all of his body. But I guess this is for another tutorial for UV and stuff...and I can basicly polypaint them so it's okay.
    Even tho Zapplink can do the job...it will be good to know how to fix this issue inside Zbrush. I have Photoshop...but some people may not so...question is still at the table :D 

• BenJi2D
  • BenJi2D
    Offline / Send Message
    BenJi2D node
    I created a UV map for the cape and then a texture map and then used Zapplink, but...the resolution is pixelated AND it pasted my logo on both sides, top and under. I disabled Symmetry when I unwraped it...so I don't know why it pastes the texture top and bottom.

Okay forget it, I will post a new thread asking about the UVs