Home Technical Talk

Zbrush 4R8 project all not working

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Apheleion vertex
anyone else notice how project all in 4R8 does not project detail from your high poly to your retopoed model?

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Elaborate. What have you tried? What are your settings? What happens when you hit project all? What are your steps? It's working perfectly fine my end.
  • Apheleion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Apheleion vertex
    Thank you very much for the rapid reply, so i had my highpoly and i retopoed it using zspheres so now i have my low poly as well. i tried projecting the detail from the highpoly to the low but the detail was no transferring at all. I used the default set up of project all just to see what i had to tweak to make it better but no detail was transferred to the low, i divided my low poly a few times thinking i did not have enough polys to capture the detail but none of the detail was transferred.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    This is a stab in the dark, but perhaps you have some crazy scale going on in your scene.  It could be throwing off the ray distance which generally just works well at default.  Id run a test on a lightbox sphere and see what what happens when you use "zbrush" friendly scale.
  • Apheleion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Apheleion vertex
    thanks for the reply what do you mean by scaling like the low poly is too large or small and the project is having hard time projecting based on the size difference?
  • Apheleion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Apheleion vertex
    Oh yeah BradMyers82 i tried the sphere projection and it is not working the highpoly does not project detail to the low poly sphere at all
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Yes, its most likely having difficulty based on the size and distance.  It might appear the your models line up super close, but if the scale was insanely large then the default distance would not be sufficient.  you can try turning the distance up greatly and see if that helps.

I just tested it myself on a default sphere from lightbox, in zbrush r8 p1, and the projection is indeed working properly.  I did have to turn up the distance slightly but it worked as expected after I did that.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Of course it will only project as much detail as is possible on your lowpoly.  I assume you already know this though.

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Make sure your retop is the active subtool and that your highpoly is visible (eyeball on in subtool list) when you project.

If you retoped using zsphere then the scale between subtools will be the same. But, as mentioned, the scale of your highpoly might be too big. Append a primitive to the list(primitives are are ZB native scale) to check the scale.
  • Apheleion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Apheleion vertex
    BragMyers82 so I created the standard sphere and duplicated it and then divided the duplicate once and then tried to project tthat detail onto the non divided sphere and none of the information transferred, the lower poly on was at 2k and the higher poly was at 4k so the difference between the 2 was not off by much.

Musashidan i am on the low poly and the eyeball is on for the high poly and it looks like they are overlaying one another which is normal, i am away from my laptop but on my phone currently i will post photos to help when i get back home, and thanks again Musashidan and BradMyers 82 for the rapid replies
  • Apheleion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Apheleion vertex
    alright so here is the model with the high and low poly overlayed on one another
  • Apheleion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Apheleion vertex
    guys i just figured it out i forgot to change my adaptive skin into a polymesh 3D, it is working fine now
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The simple things,  eh? :)
  • FlipNormals
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FlipNormals polycounter lvl 5
    now my project all not working zbrush 2019.1.2
    tried on default cylinder. default setting and it even wont fix with dist 1
    something crazy, he was working fine as usual and then stop
    UPD: find out in my tool  =)
    that's ironic, the answer in my nickname =)

• Cazpher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello guys. The result of my projected mesh is still the same and I don't know why. Please help me. 1st pic is the result