Home Technical Talk

Creating a special camera in 3ds max [might be a challenge for professionals!_please help!]

DZ_23
vertex
Offline / Send Message
DZ_23 vertex
Hello all!

I want to create a camera in 3ds max that can`t see perspective. I know I can turn an ordinary camera to an orthographic but I could n`t get the result I wanted.

Please see the attach file. I want to create a camera that see all the green lines of cube exactly vertical or horizontal and red lines should be parallel too. Because I need the rendered picture be exact in photoshop with that lines.

But there is another challenge too. if it is possible I need the dimensions be like attached file means if camera seeing the side of cube with "a" size then the other side should be half of "a" and all of these should be exact because as I said I need those in photoshop and should be exact sizes.

In short can you set a camera and render a cube with that like the attach file? The most important is ALL green lines should seen straight horizontally and vertically and all red lines should be parallel beside green lines should be parallel too.

I tried to make a camera like that with changing the perspective options and settings but could n`t get the result. If you could success to make such a thing please tell me how and about your exact numbers in settings.

Thank you
and I need to achieve such a thing very soon, I need that. I am appreciate any help

Replies

• Swordslayer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swordslayer interpolator
    DZ_23 said:
    I tried to make a camera like that with changing the perspective options and settings but could n`t get the result.
    WIth traditional camera, you'd have to use a deformation modifier (like skew for example) to achieve that, with physical camera it should be possible with the distortion settings (though deformation via modifiers should still work).
  • DZ_23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DZ_23 vertex
    DZ_23 said:
    I tried to make a camera like that with changing the perspective options and settings but could n`t get the result.
    WIth traditional camera, you'd have to use a deformation modifier (like skew for example) to achieve that, with physical camera it should be possible with the distortion settings (though deformation via modifiers should still work).
    Thank you! with some try and error it is possible to do that with both ways!
    Thank you!!! :)