Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

PowerGirl

Heartfulwarm
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Heartfulwarm polycounter lvl 3
Current Progress 
 Rope is fixed, I'm comparing the two versions and doing some editing of the model, before rigging begins.

Older Post
So I didn't get to finish PowerGirl in the last thread I made, and I wanted to finish her before continuing any other projects; thankfully I'm almost finished, but sadly I forgot to get some Zbrush renders of her suit. There are a couple of things I want to add to PowerGirl, such as cording and sewing, along with some additional edits to her hair, eye brows and lashes. I got a problem with her glove, and I may have to redo the UVs, because most the seams are not as defined as the seams on the boots. But I wasn't sure what other edits should I make before I finish her up. I'll get the highpoly renders soon.

The gold was a test and not yet a final until I do more texturing and editing. The skin doesn't have proper gloss, roughness and specular maps yet.

Replies

• Aasmund1986
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aasmund1986 polycounter lvl 5
    Nice clothes, did you make them with MD? Also, does the hair have physics?
  • Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Nice clothes, did you make them with MD? Also, does the hair have physics?
    The Leotard, gloves, cape and the belt were generated but I had to do some sculpting to get some of the seams and wrinkles to look right; the boots were only modeled and sculpted in. No physics....... yet, as I was planning on having some form of hair physics in a gif.

I was able to add the cording in, but I wasn't able to get the sewing in. I made some improvements to the gold.

I didn't bother to take the screen shot of the other parts at that time, because the textures were stretched out on other cordings. After I make some edits to the gloves and/or belt (I'm thinking that the belt might need more details and etc.)

I also tried to fix up the shading for her rope to make it look more rope like.

Here's some hipoly stuff I did.

Also, here's the problem I'm having with her gloves. The seams looks washed out, haven't gotten to edit her gloves, but I think my project is way overdue. But then again I could add something else.

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    What size are her breasts?
  • Bombshell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bombshell polycounter lvl 10
    I think you have some anatomy studying to do, the breasts are misshapen and frighteningly huge, her abs look like shes hiding gerbils under her costume and her knees are unsupporting and buckled.
    There's a human base shape, were I to hazard a guess a pre-made model was used, but its since been edited with little consideration for muscle forms, support structure, or even aesthetic appeal.
  • Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What size are her breasts?
    G cup.
    Bombshell said:
    I think you have some anatomy studying to do, the breasts are misshapen and frighteningly huge, her abs look like shes hiding gerbils under her costume and her knees are unsupporting and buckled.
    There's a human base shape, were I to hazard a guess a pre-made model was used, but its since been edited with little consideration for muscle forms, support structure, or even aesthetic appeal.
    I didn't realize how messed up the abs were, thanks for pointing it out; I was using a custom mesh I made a while back, if you want me to go and make another run at the body, then it's fine, since I have a more updated base mesh this time. The breast were shaped in a way for some fat to be deformed around in the suit, but if that's not how it doesn't look in real life, then I would change it, or keep it for fantasy I don't know. It may be the shape of her head is too small, but I may have to check later; since I had to fix my newer basemesh's head shape in proportion to it's body.

About the knees, you might be right.

After checking out my refs, I think PowerGirl's Head looks too small in comparison to the rest of her body. I'm using this lady (pictured bellow) as a loose reference to the general shape (including the legs, the breast and parts of her body are different, due to the fact that I want PowerGirl to be a little more to the Frank Cho version in some form while keeping her somewhat muscular, and softness to her body. I'll fix somethings, or I'll take these lessons and use them on another character.

Thanks for letting me know about the knees, and the abs (I may redo the shape or fatten them up). It looks like I have to reduce her shoulders and arm size, but I could be wrong, now that you have me thinking about anatomy.

I'm changing up my personal concept a bit. This time around I'm modeling her off of Juliana Salimeni's body for some of that Cho look in Powergirl, I forgot to check back with my references earlier, so I'll do so frequently until I get the anatomy right. If needed to, I may soften her look, like I did with her legs in the earlier screenshots of this thread, or make it look more muscular than before.

Some refs I'm looking at the moment.

If there's another problem, let me know, I'm more than likely will redo the leotard, gloves and body, but I may keep the boots and other important stuff.
  • Youshi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Youshi polycounter lvl 3
    She might be a G cup, but she has a tiny band size, her breasts are not THIS big, I like boobs as much as the next guy, but when the character already has one of the largest racks in the industry, you didn't need to go and make it bigger... XD

It looks weird because it's wrong. Also it looks like the front part of the breast opening is torn, not sure if that's intentional. She looks anemic, the skin texture could use some work.

ArtGerm has done great fanart of power girl.

Also, learn about breasts and replicating sizes.

Boob cup and band size are relative, Power girl probably sits at a 30G which is quivalent to a 34 DDD/E which is a LOT smaller then what you have replicated, the current average bust size in the UK is a 34D, and in some specific part (I think Scotland) is a 34E. While there is lots of contributing factors to these figures, powergirls breasts size is a lot more realistic then you have made them.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    A boob should never be larger than your characters head, at that point it crosses from huge to absurd. 
  • Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Youshi said:
    She might be a G cup, but she has a tiny band size, her breasts are not THIS big, I like boobs as much as the next guy, but when the character already has one of the largest racks in the industry, you didn't need to go and make it bigger... XD

It looks weird because it's wrong. Also it looks like the front part of the breast opening is torn, not sure if that's intentional. She looks anemic, the skin texture could use some work.

ArtGerm has done great fanart of power girl.

Also, learn about breasts and replicating sizes.

Boob cup and band size are relative, Power girl probably sits at a 30G which is quivalent to a 34 DDD/E which is a LOT smaller then what you have replicated, the current average bust size in the UK is a 34D, and in some specific part (I think Scotland) is a 34E. While there is lots of contributing factors to these figures, powergirls breasts size is a lot more realistic then you have made them.

ZacD said:
    A boob should never be larger than your characters head, at that point it crosses from huge to absurd. 

Yeah, I fixed the look of the chest (because it was too unnaturally high cleavage wise); I also enlarged her head, because it looked highly uncanny with the rest of her body (thanks Zac3D for the input), even with her breast fixed. I may readjust her band size. Thanks for the chart.

I'm a fan of Artgrem's version of PowerGirl, but I wasn't sure if I could use elements from his work; since I wanted to input some of my own creativity without copying his work, but I could create a version similar to his work if anyone wants me to. But if the body does not look to good overall, I could have a resculpt with the newer basemesh (I'm currently using the older basemesh) with two versions of PowerGirl.

About the Skin,thanks for that, it must be too subtle, as I will make the details more prominent in the textures (the skin diffuse is the hardest for me, I'm doing it handpainted).

I also redid her legs with some muscular form.

• Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, so I've been improving the diffuse texture for her skin. If there's anything with the texturing or anything else let me know, I don't want to zip back and forth from Zbrush, to only find out that something else maybe wrong. Also, if anyone has been having problems viewing the images before, it was because I scaled them down in earlier posts to make them more optimized (and to appease Polycount mods with the image restrictions) and to help make them more visible on moblie. The lighter skin was the older paints while the darker skin are the newer versions.

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Not about the texture but the figure still needs some work I think. Apart from the chest size the model seems to have no waist. Perhaps that is accurate in real life but its not very attractive For a character. In the 3/4 view the left leg, the muscles are over pronounced and not well placed.
    Cheerio
  • Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga said:
    Not about the texture but the figure still needs some work I think. Apart from the chest size the model seems to have no waist. Perhaps that is accurate in real life but its not very attractive For a character. In the 3/4 view the left leg, the muscles are over pronounced and not well placed.
    Cheerio

Alright thank you, I forgot to get a screengrab of the waist, but the model ends up looking better than I thought proportional wise. I got some screengrabs when I adjusted the thighs. The muscles have been somewhat fattened up and smoothed though, so the probably why some part of the mesh looks like there is some muscle mass. But if the muscle diagram I made isn't correct, then let me know.

• Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay here's the adjustment for the waist, I also made an adjustment for her rib cage to make it look better.

I also have several versions of the legs when I was making some corrections to make sure everything look alright.

• Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I'm making some shader adjustments. Don't worry about the artifact around the eyes of the high poly model, the artifact does not appear in the map on the model. I decide to op for translucency over masked, due to the constant dithering around the brow and lashes.

Although the model is at around 140,000 poly or 130,000 tris. The vertex count is much higher (more than 410,000 polys). I have many parts of the model that are spit into multiple parts (belt buckle, ropes, etc.) even though the parts share the same material. Some of the cording and the cape needs to be edited due to their incorrect normals.

• Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I was wondering whether or not to remodel PowerGirl, or just keep everything and make some improvements to her costume. There are things I like on the model like the skin texturing, and the boots. But I'm not satisfied with the result.

But the white piece didn't do it for me, not just because it lacks wrinkles and muscular form; I'm having some normal issues with the low poly mesh of the suit. With the other basemesh I have, I can make some better improvements body wise, while probably adding some new things to the leotard. I also want to make a new hair texture for her, since I believe the hair strands are a bit too big and unrealistic and is anisotropic does work on this hair for some reason. I'm also having trouble with the cording around her pelvis.

The leotard used to look fine, but now it looks bad.

If I do go ahead and remodel, I may keep but refine some of the other parts of her suit; and maybe take some more notes from Artgerm's version. Don't worry this is just a basemesh (which needs it's anatomy it checked while being sculpted), and would be fixed to fix similar to the more muscular version with more definition. I projected the head mesh onto the newer basemesh.

• Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was able to update the newer basemesh with some updated fixes with the anatomy. I didn't put any additional details yet, because I want the form to be anatomically correct before I redo the upper Suit.

i
    I also made a small concept of how the suit might look like from MD; but I think I'll sculpt the suit from the ground up up this time. It won't exactly like the one in the concept, since the simulation in MD made it very difficult for me to get the kind of seams I want for her suit; and I didn't like the out come of her look.

• Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, forget what I said about doing the suit from scratch. I forgot to use a reference I was planning on using, and now the suit looks 90% to what I want. I got some issue with how the chest area looks in connection to the breast, I'll fix that area soon. Before I add some additional details to the suit, which version of the suit should I go for?

• Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I chose A, this work is a bit of a pre-update to what I'm working on. I'll post more later on.

• Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, I wasn't satisfied with the model, so I decided to scrap almost everything, and startover again. I completely remodeled her body. Her suit was regenerated and resculpted, because I didn't like the last one I was making. I redid her body to make it look more feminine while attempting to put some muscularity and fat in the right places.

I redid the face, because the old one had a lack of anatomy, that made it look weird and unnatural to me.

• Elithenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    I'm sorry, I have trouble looking at the green matcap that you're using

are these in perspective mode? 
    Her mouth seems a bit too small, and the nose seems to lack proportional nostrils... do you use reference for the face? 
  • Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia said:
    I'm sorry, I have trouble looking at the green matcap that you're using

are these in perspective mode? 
    Her mouth seems a bit too small, and the nose seems to lack proportional nostrils... do you use reference for the face? 
    I'm sorry, I have trouble looking at the green matcap that you're using.
    Sorry, I'll change that if the matcap bothers you. I've been cycling through multiple matcaps, to see how my model looks.

Are these in perspective mode?
    Yes

Yes, I've used reference. I was using this picture below as a loose reference for the jaw, chin, and a little bit on the nose area. :o But I just realized my mistake after you brought up the mouth, I think the lady in the picture had pursed her lips.

• Elithenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    I would say that you can use any matcap you want, and it is good that you are cycling through to see the different things that they highlight. However, when presenting it to the community, have one that you use for 'presentation' that is a neutral tone or colour. 

As for the reference. I can tell that you have worked from this lady, and that is a good thing. BUT, when you working for a likeness or even just reference a specific image, always get more than one,as you see different angles, different expressions and you are not locked to just one expression (pursing of lips in this), also checking general facial proportion in conjunction with references can benefit.
    Usually the corners of the mouth tend to correspond to the pupils,. 
    Have you overlaid the reference on your model?
  • Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll keep the neural tone/colour suggestion in mind, thank you. I only used 2 pictures of the same lady, I never overlaid the references over my model (because I'm usually afraid of tracing like a I cheat or something). Here's the second picture I used as a reference for her jaw. I might as well get more references for parts of her jaw/chin area.

I also made some adjustments to her mouth width and her nostrils just in-case, here's another view of PowerGirl's costume in a more neutral coloured material I customized.

• Elithenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    What's the lady's name? 

There's LOTS of people overlaying their images. It isn't cheating, it is using the tools to get the sculpt you want. Frank Tzeng for one overlays for his likenesses... you can find he does it in his tutorials. 
  • Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Her
    Elithenia said:
    What's the lady's name? 

There's LOTS of people overlaying their images. It isn't cheating, it is using the tools to get the sculpt you want. Frank Tzeng for one overlays for his likenesses... you can find he does it in his tutorials. 
    Elisha Cuthbert

I'll try overlaying soon then.
  • Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I did some overlaying, it didn't match the refs 100%, and here are the results. I made some changes at end of the pic to make the pupil perpendicular to the width of her lips. I was also using other references for the nose, forehead and the eyes.

• Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I did some overlaying, it didn't match the refs 100%, and here are the results. I made some changes at end of the pic to make the pupil perpendicular to the width of her lips. I was also using other references for the nose, forehead and the eyes.

• Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Before I make the low poly and redo some actual texturing, I refined the face more. Thanks to the fact that the mouth width was still smaller than the eye width I checked her facial forms and found it to be off in terms of the shape, so I made her jaw bigger and the overall structure surrounding her face; as a result her mouth width matched her pupils (closely, not exact). I also make her ears smaller.

I did a polypaint fill to get an idea of how PowerGirl was going to look like if she was to be coloured. I don't want to hop back and forth from texturing to having to resculpt and edit her forms again, so any thing else anyone can input, if not I'll do the low poly soon.

• Elithenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    looking much better  :)
  • Munnimun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Munnimun polycounter lvl 2
    Around what age is the character supposed to be? I feel like the body is representative of an older lady, someone that retired 20 years ago but refuses to stop wearing the suit that once looked flattering on her.
  • Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was thinking of around 30s-40s. But I don't mind making her look younger/older since I didn't have a specific age in mind anyway.
  • Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was able to make some changes to her body to make it appear more younger. Even though she could be in her 30s and 40s, there are many people around that age that could still be somewhat youngish looking around that age. I toned down her cellulite, and most of her muscle definitions around her back and quadriceps.

In the picture, there's at least three modifications I did; the first (a) was just to smooth out some of the details (fat, some muscle definitions), the second one (b) is when I thought it would be better if fix her hips, and the last one is the additional adjustment of her hips, to make it more proportional and rounder. I might just go with either keeping a or go with c, but I'd like to know what any of you think.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Munnimun said:
    Around what age is the character supposed to be? I feel like the body is representative of an older lady, someone that retired 20 years ago but refuses to stop wearing the suit that once looked flattering on her.
    This...

I think you should probably post up your mood board of body references. Even your latest update looks like a chunky woman with a lot of body fat on her thighs/ass/chest, her torso looks broad and strong in areas, but in other areas looks like the costume is struggling to hold it all in.

• Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You guys are right; looks like I messed up again, I was so focus on other things I forgot to compare her body to my other refs. I checked my ref board and with other suggestions clashing in with the ref I was modeling off of. I think I accidentally made her waist a bit too big, and made her too fat to the point she lost most of her muscle definitions, because I wasn't sure whether or not I can still keep her as fit as she was before (due to her breasts, and body fat percentage).

I have more references for the lady in the top left, since that's a similar looking body type I wanted my version of PowerGirl to have. I loosely modeled her breasts from the lady in the nude orthos, and adjusted it in a way that it would fit in a strapless push up bra that would exaggerate the cleavage area, which is where some of the cosplay in the ref comes in. But I think I even messed up in that area. The ref at the very bottom (a woman hanging on the goal post) next to the girl with the abs n the bathroom was speculation for me, because I wasn't sure who she was and how her torso and upper back look in other angles.

I also made some adjustments to her body, before I fully make some changes to the body. The orthos bellow are just a start point before I do more based on the references.

• Munnimun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Munnimun polycounter lvl 2
    Hope my comment didn't come off as rude, that's kind of what I couldn't help but see haha.

It's good that you've got a ton of reference to work off of though! I think you might wanna pay attention to some other things though - also me assuming you're going for a sexier lady here, even if slightly "older", should definitely be doable. Just looking at your latest image, the b/w one, I think you're kind of missing out on some important bits that would make the body feel balanced, one of those being the arms? They're incredibly thing compared to everything else, and I also think too short (looks like hands would reach butt-crease, while would generally reach mid-thigh). I feel like she could do with broader, more muscly shoulders and arms, especially when the legs are that muscular - her upper back, shoulders and arms look incredibly underdeveloped compared. I think if you tackle that part her waist will already look a lot smaller (if that's what you'd like). I think that'd do wonders for her proportions and overall balance.

Another thing that I noticed earlier but didn't mention is that her legs look kind of x-shaped, like they're collapsing a bit if that makes any sense? it does seem less prominent in your latest image though, but hard to tell since cut off at the knees.

Hope that all makes sense, it's good you're actively looking for ways to fix things though! 
  • Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Munnimun said:
    Hope my comment didn't come off as rude, that's kind of what I couldn't help but see haha.

It's good that you've got a ton of reference to work off of though! I think you might wanna pay attention to some other things though - also me assuming you're going for a sexier lady here, even if slightly "older", should definitely be doable. Just looking at your latest image, the b/w one, I think you're kind of missing out on some important bits that would make the body feel balanced, one of those being the arms? They're incredibly thing compared to everything else, and I also think too short (looks like hands would reach butt-crease, while would generally reach mid-thigh). I feel like she could do with broader, more muscly shoulders and arms, especially when the legs are that muscular - her upper back, shoulders and arms look incredibly underdeveloped compared. I think if you tackle that part her waist will already look a lot smaller (if that's what you'd like). I think that'd do wonders for her proportions and overall balance.

Another thing that I noticed earlier but didn't mention is that her legs look kind of x-shaped, like they're collapsing a bit if that makes any sense? it does seem less prominent in your latest image though, but hard to tell since cut off at the knees.

Hope that all makes sense, it's good you're actively looking for ways to fix things though! 
    Ahhh, I didn't get to read this before I made some changes; I believe if you're talking about how the arms are too thin for her proportions, then I'll change that to make it bigger and longer. It's funny that you mentioned the back, and the upper body areas, since I ended up smoothing them when I originally made those areas muscular. I originally wanted to give her broader shoulders, so that suggestion fits into what I wanted to do originally; I reduced the width before because I wasn't sure if it was going to work with the overall design (the same with the arms and the developed back).

Here some edits I've made before logging in. I was also speculating whether or not she should have a 4, 6 pack or leave it as it is. I also lengthened her chin a bit, since I thought it was a bit off.

• Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've added a bunch of muscles onto her. I made her arms a little longer, broaden her shoulders, and beefed up her arms, I don't know if I'll need to redo them, but I'd like to hear from anyone about this. Here's a fuller view of the body after I made some changes.

• Elithenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    The legs still feel strange to me, like... it would hurt to stand like that for me, so it makes me uncomfortable seeing it. 
    Also the lower legs seems to be a different style than the upper legs.

As for the muscles in the back, I feel they might not be in the completely right place. And if you're going to continue having the arms as defined as you have them on the front you need to make them more defined on the back as well. 

Edit... also curious.. why model genitalia that will be covered up?
  • Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've added as much de
    Elithenia said:
    The legs still feel strange to me, like... it would hurt to stand like that for me, so it makes me uncomfortable seeing it. 
    Also the lower legs seems to be a different style than the upper legs.

As for the muscles in the back, I feel they might not be in the completely right place. And if you're going to continue having the arms as defined as you have them on the front you need to make them more defined on the back as well. 

Edit... also curious.. why model genitalia that will be covered up?
    Yeah, thanks for the input on the calves; I had a thought on whether or not I should make it more muscular/bigger than before, because it was going to covered up by the boots, but I guess I'll add more muscle definitioin to that area.

I'll see about whether I'll add more definition to the back (since it's loosely based off of a female bodybuilder), or add less definition to the arms.

I don't want to model the genitalia area; but I feel like I have to, because I was testing out a scan with similar clothing in Marvelous Designer, and I want everything to look right. But I don't mind blurring it out if it isn't needed with the suit at all.
  • Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thickened her calves, and tried to take out as some of the definition from the biceps and shoulders. Any opinions?

• Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I decided to bring out her hips, to see if it can be balanced with her shoulders, I've added some muscular definition to her butt. I also toned down her thigh muscles, her lats, her arms and shoulders. I'm comfortable with where I'm at with PowerGirl's body; so I decide to move onto the costume.

I'm anxious with sculpting the leotard, because I don't want to much, or too little wrinkles onto the leotard. But if everything is fine on that end, then I'll just move onto the other stuff to detail and fix, and add to the suit before retopology and texturing.
  • Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I added some details and make some other adjustments to her suit, before I start baking soon. I decided to leave out the cape for now, because I want to do something special with it by the time I finish.

Did some light retopo for the suit. Testing out some bakes for her body in UE4. I'll add more parts to the low poly model before I decide whether or not I'm finished with the skin, I have everything baked for her skin. I wanted to see how the new body and textures look before I start finishing up. The suit, rope and belt are being used as proxies meshes before I have a cleaner bake and model.

• Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Didn't get the cape and the rope in yet, I'm currently redoing the hair. I got some baking issues in regards to the AO in Xnormal, the normal map turns out fine, but the AO has some artifacts on the gloves. Aside from the baking issue, I think its looks better than the older gloves. Sorry for some uncanny looks to the eyes, I was testing out the skin.

Here are the problematic parts of the glove.

The are some parts of the gloves that I can fix, so I'm not too worried about some of the holes until I edit them; aside from the hair, cape and ropes, I got the add a few more things. Thanks for anyone who had given their input for the work, your inputs helped me fixed many issues with the model before; if there's no more critiques, then I'll assume that I'm doing everything right.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Are the holes where the thumb glove portion connects a mesh or AO issue?
  • Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's an AO issue, I'm attempting to bake a higher resolution to see if it solves my problem; because I tried to bake a lower resolution and saw more artifacts in my bakes. I got a low poly cage that completely covers the mesh and I coudn't see a hole anywhere in the mesh itself.
  • Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The bake didn't work out because the result was the same, but here's what I was working with while I was having the issue. The first picture is the high poly version, the second caged version, and the third is the low poly version. The other two pictures are the ao bakes, the first one is the 512 version, while the second is the 2k version.

• Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, I solved the issue with the ao bake; I was using several different hipoly meshes to bake for the gloves, all I did was made two separate bakes and combine them in photoshop. I update the tiling for the material to read like leather and I changed up the gold.

As I was saying the other time I was doing a higher quality version of her hair. I don't know how to fix the part where the hair turns dark at certain areas. But I think I might need to edit the hair a bit more before I can call it done.

I also edited her eyes, and I was wondering if I should add more strands to the eye brow and lashes, or leave them be.

• Heartfulwarm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated the skin shader, I'm refining the cape and the rest of the model some more before I rig everything up and start posing. The picture is a bit of a comparison between between the older PowerGirl and the newer one I made. I messed up the Suit earlier as you could see in the older pictures, but I fixed the shader for it. I changed the tiling for the leather to make it look more leather like.