Home Adobe Substance

How to make exposed parameters user friendly in engine?

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
MaiMelhor polycounter lvl 3
Good morning everybody!

So I'm working on a cement tiles substance, which I want highly customisable. The substance is made of several patterns, each one in a separate graph with exposed parameters, combined in a "master graph" in which I'm using a Tile Sampler Color to put them together using the Mask Random data.

I'd like the choice of pattern and their modification to be user friendly in engine (I have 14 for now but I plan to have much more in a final version) but with that setup I have so much parameters that it's hardly understandable for someone who didn't work on the substance.

For now, I'd like the user to be able to choose the patterns he wants, and then to modify them. It would be a good start already So if you have any idea on how to simplify this task I'll be glad to hear it!

Thank you in advance

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    You can make a multi switch and show/hide ui elements based on what value is selected - take a look inside the pbr Base material for examples.  

whether it works in engine or not depends on whether they've implemented it in the engine plug in though - it doesn't work properly  in Painter so I wouldn't hold out too much hope for ue or unity.