Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Male Face Need Critics

ikumajp
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
ikumajp null
WIP, will exaggerate on the skin texture this weekends. Any constructive critics is appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• artofmars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artofmars polycounter lvl 9
    can you post what reference you are using 

• ikumajp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ikumajp null
    Thanks for commenting!
    I will post later but I kinda want you guys to guess who it is before i post the references.
    Will be working on this all day so your input will have live effect on my work today!

update:
    Some tweaking, still not happy with the details on the skin, wrinkle but he is starting to look older as I add details ...

• ikumajp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ikumajp null
    Not happy with the mustache can't figure out what's wrong...

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ikumajp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ikumajp null
    Thanks for the input, I wish I have the skills to model realistic human to the point. I am new to realistic character and trying to replicate what I see here. I did ask around but no correct answer yet as to who this is... so i guess i didn't do well on sculpting to reference.
  • ikumajp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ikumajp null
    Also i made a big mistake by choosing a non impression, young, image of this person as a reference. (couldn't find a good side reference accept the young version) As a result the model was boring. So what i thought was since i have no intention of animating with this model, I use it as base model and put some impressions on it with other references to make it more interesting.

• Elithenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    ikumajp said:
    Thanks for commenting!
    I will post later but I kinda want you guys to guess who it is before i post the references.
    I would personally refrain of making the community guess who you're trying to model. 
    if they are here asking for you to post the reference, then please don't waste their time? Especially if they cannot see who it is... If you are new to this, rather than trying to make people guess (personally I hate guessing games), post the references and ask people how it differs in your model. That way people will point out areas where you haven't gotten in right, and you can focus on that area to get it to a better likeness. 
    Doing it like this will train your observation as well, and can only help you in the long run.
    The people that's on here are usually just browsing during a short time, and are willing to spend that time helping others to become better. So let them. Don't waste their time having them trying to guess things. It is an easy way to just get them to close the tab and move on.

I can recommend you trying out the current 30 day head challenge to get you started on seeing the primary forms, before starting with details. 
    You can find it here: http://polycount.com/discussion/189005/30-heads-in-30-days/p1

Nail the primary forms first, then secondary. Then first should you start thinking about the details like hair and pores.. 
  • ikumajp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ikumajp null
    Elithenia said:
    ikumajp said:
    Thanks for commenting!
    I would personally refrain of making the community guess who you're trying to model. 
    if they are here asking for you to post the reference, then please don't waste their time? Especially if they cannot see who it is... If you are new to this, rather than trying to make people guess (personally I hate guessing games), post the references and ask people how it differs in your model. That way people will point out areas where you haven't gotten in right, and you can focus on that area to get it to a better likeness. 
    Doing it like this will train your observation as well, and can only help you in the long run.
    The people that's on here are usually just browsing during a short time, and are willing to spend that time helping others to become better. So let them. Don't waste their time having them trying to guess things. It is an easy way to just get them to close the tab and move on.

I can recommend you trying out the current 30 day head challenge to get you started on seeing the primary forms, before starting with details. 
    You can find it here: http://polycount.com/discussion/189005/30-heads-in-30-days/p1

Nail the primary forms first, then secondary. Then first should you start thinking about the details like hair and pores.. 
    Thank You!
    I will post the references soon.
    And thanks for being patience with me, the links and advice are very helpful!
  • ikumajp
  • ikumajp