Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Marco, Space Vampire

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Jarran polycounter lvl 11
Latest Update:

---------

Currently working on the suit as thats the area thats lacking the most but I do think his face could be improved, especially in making it more characterful and more vampire-y. I had the idea that he needs to wear these goggles so that he can see in the light and I feel like this could be enhanced upon more too.

My first attempt with the suit had these side flicks that mimiced the collars on vampire  cloaks. Think im gonna bring that back. It was too bulky so I lost the helmet because vampires don't need to breathe (i think anyway. cant say ive met one.) Cheers :)

Replies

• Jarran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Progresssssss. Im liking where his face is at now so I'm gonna focus on his gear but I'm kinda stuck in that regard so would love some crit! Smaller silhouette seems to be working just need to nail the design. 
  • Jarran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Hair + Suit update. Not sure how I'm gonna texture the hair yet. Thinking of taking inspiration from how Overwatch hair looks and trying to mimic it with a shader with world space goodness rather than unwrapping as thatll be a bitch.

I really want him to have these 'day vision' goggles as a nod to vampires not liking sunlight but I'm starting to think that I prefer him without them. Got the face LP + unwrap done too. I think I'm gonna get a bunch of morphs done for this guy - I really like how characterful his face is atm so it'd be nice to push it further.

• Jarran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Finished this guy up (for now). Calling this stage 1 of the project, I want to return eventually and give him a body, poor guy. Hair is just blockout/wip
  • Jarran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Sunray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
    His eyes feel a bit flat try to fake some shadow on the eye textures and the white is too strong. Pretty nice skin although the sss on the ears is too strong try to soften the blend and less intense. Topo looks really clean you could have him less dense on the top tho especially if it's covered with hair.
  • Jarran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Sunray hey thanks for the feedback! I'll go back and fix those bits. As for the topo you're definitely right, I'll have to consider it in the future.