I really need help, I have an issue during a max to maya workflow
I hope someone can help me ^^
thanks a lot

Replies

• NoRank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoRank polycounter lvl 3
    I can't really tell what you're trying to bake or what is the problem that is happening. First thing that came to my mind when you said that it was a "line" in your mesh, it could be that you have your uvs and smoothing groups (hard edges) wrong. Did you check if you have a seam in every hard edge?

If this is not the line you're talking about, then it can be a mismatch in silhouette between the high poly and the low poly.

Yet i'm kinda curious, why do you make your model in max to pass it to maya and then bake it in substance?
  • Tininio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tininio polycounter lvl 2
    Hello !
    Thanks for the reply, I have a line atefact inside my normal when I bake with the fbx maya export.
    My smoothing group Is all to the same nomber inside 3dsmax, same with maya soften.

I can assure you the lowmesh and the highRes was correctly overlay, when I bake with an export fbx file from 3ds, I have no error.

For my Uvs I already try to cut just the border/face/back of the mesh but that's don't change the result ...

I need mesh export from maya. the game engine was calibrate on.
    For the workflow it's not my decision.

On the left baking inside substance with fbx 3dsmax
    On the right baking inside substance with fbx maya (I test .obj triangulate inside maya that don't work too)

• NoRank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoRank polycounter lvl 3
    So I assume you're using a in house game engine that doesn't support mikktspace right?

Anyways, as I said, it's still hard to know what you're trying to bake from and what is actually the problem. It really seems that your low poly is not conforming to the high poly silhouette. And maybe you're baking it on a low resolution like 512 which makes your normal blurry for obvious reasons.