Home Adobe Substance

Designer - Simple brick question

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
RossHildick3D polycounter lvl 3
Hey I've searched through this and other websites and, although the question has been asked, the answers are non existent but I'm sure its very simple to achieve?

I'm using the Tile Generator and I have these bricks the perfect size for that I want, I just want to cram them together horizontally..

Thanks to anyone who knows how to achieve this or can help in any way

Replies

• RossHildick3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Solved (kindda) but for anyone having the same problem reading this in the future...

So basically, just use the brick generator instead. Tile generator is good for tiling a shape you have made. Youve probably seen this in classic brick tutorial on youtube etc where they make one haggard brick and tile-generator it. Thats good if you want uniform tiling. If not, you'll need to use the brick generator to get your basic layout and use other methods to add the damage and "haggard-ness" after the fact.
  • RossHildick3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ...Would still like to know how to do this in tile generator if anyone is aware of a solution??

Thanks.
  • Quack!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quack! polycounter lvl 17
    The Tile Generator node should have no problem doing this.  It looks like your Interstice X Variation is creating those large gaps.
    You didn't state your desired outcome well so I am kind of shooting in the dark here:

Tile Generator Color Mask