Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critique Appreciated - Dorado/Overwatch Style Scene

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hey guys, I'm incredibly soft when it comes to critiques but I know better than to defend every detail when someone says it's shit.
Anyways I haven't had critique on this ever and I think it's about time to get opinions.

Goals:
  • Overwatch/Dorado style scene (not trying to be a copycat though)
  • Learning how to do a stylized look
  • Trying to actually get a solid first full environment
Struggles/Learnings I had so far:
  • I tried being cute and put UVs of multiple objects on the same sheet but realized there's no point and it just made me want to rip my hair out. 
  • Still haven't found the right program for hand painting.  I tried in Painter but it's so laggy it kills me.  I tried 3D Coat but I hate the brushes so much.  Next up is Quixel.  Any opinions on this?
  • Lighting is a bitch but I learned to use only one directional light and also mess with camera/post processing effects.  Still not sure if I nailed cohesiveness.
  • Learned that the material editor in UE4 requires you to put 0 in spec otherwise the entire material is fucked up.  
Next steps - let me know if you think something else is more important:
  • Create a ground material
  • Add foliage of sorts
  • In the process of making a pinata
  • ???
I really appreciate you taking the time to look at this.  Paintovers are great but please don't rip me a new asshole though.

Here are my current screenshots:

Replies

• NovaaH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NovaaH polycounter lvl 3
    Really not an environment expert, but : 

- Color scheme is fine with me. Maybe it's a little too saturated/colorful to fit in Overwatch, but I still like it.
    - That need a material, yeah.  :*
    - I suppose it's a wip, but some color variations would really help, a lot of flat surfaces at the moment. But I'm sure it's on the way. 

Not really answering much. But that's all I have.  :#