Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sav's Improvment Thread (Critiques Please!)

node
Offline / Send Message
Savven node
I'd like to use this thread to post my WIPs and receive some critiques!
Here's a recent piece I started working on. I'm having a hard time with this piece and
I'm not sure what I'm missing. Any recommendations? I'm having a hard time with the face

Replies

• Savven
    Offline / Send Message
    Savven node
    So I started working on this piece and I genuinely can't think of a way to push it further. Any advice?

• KerryAislinn
    Offline / Send Message
    KerryAislinn polycounter lvl 3
    I enjoy your shading for these images but I wonder if removing outlines will benefit your work. The quality of the brush strokes is quite nice and I think the black outlines take away from that. The first image itself has soft edges for the most part. Adding some hard edges will help as well. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzCGP6kUvLU
    You might find this tutorial really helpful in terms of brush strokes and painting. I know it has helped me. 
  • Savven
    Offline / Send Message
    Savven node
    I enjoy your shading for these images but I wonder if removing outlines will benefit your work. The quality of the brush strokes is quite nice and I think the black outlines take away from that. The first image itself has soft edges for the most part. Adding some hard edges will help as well. 

You might find this tutorial really helpful in terms of brush strokes and painting. I know it has helped me. 
    Thank you for the vid!