Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female CC

Offline / Send Message
Pinned

Hey first time posting here give me some CC on what i could improve Please go as hard as you want All i care about is improving

Replies

• FourtyNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    First of all, I don't think you're 100% honest with you sculpt here. I can see the base is from Eugene Fokin's model which is this:
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Z0lqG

I don't know what other polycounters think of this, but IMO this isn't acceptable, unless you admit that you've bought the model from his Gumroad and using it for your personal work. And you should've stated that fact in the first place.

But if this really is your work, you've achieved the body likness very close to Eof3D's original work and I'd want to believe that, but highly doubt it. So, please don't try to fool us. :P

This is probably the hardest "criticism" you get now.
  • Elithenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    I agree with @FourtyNights it is uncannily close to Eofs sculpt. Especially those hands being almost exact. There's nothing bad with using a basemesh, BUT to re-iterate, it is not ok to not give credit where it's due.

On another note. If you really want to improve, get yourself a copy of "anatomy for sculptors" and start sculpting from scratch. Learn to make your own basemesh, do life drawings and just overall study references. 

• JackRoberts
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @FourtyNights

I assumed it would be obvious that I was using eugene's base mesh I wasn’t trying to make it out like I wasn’t. I struggle with body anatomy so I was really hoping to get feed back on the silhouette and the torso area the face I used a Instagram girl https://www.instagram.com/p/BLoPJGsBwUY/?taken-by=juliazatylny  I appreciate the feeback and I agree that I still need to remove some of Eugenes feature such as arms and legs.

here's an updated version of the face

• JackRoberts