Home Technical Talk

Maya arnold specular doesn't render?

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Sunray polycounter lvl 7
I'm new to Arnold I'm working on hair cards but for some reason only half of the hair cards have specular the others don't while they all use the same shader. Please someone let me know how to fix this I have no idea I tried finding the solution but couldn't find it anywhere. I'm using the alhair shader I only have this problem with the alshader.  

Replies

• DanaosC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DanaosC polycounter lvl 5
    This arnold + alshaders combo is killing me as well. I have an issue with making the AO appearing. Does ao render for you or you only have issue with the specular?
  • Sunray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
    DanaosC said:
    This arnold + alshaders combo is killing me as well. I have an issue with making the AO appearing. Does ao render for you or you only have issue with the specular?
    Yea man you got to check if you have the ao shader in the input for it. Also specular sometimes works and other times don't. Someone told me if you want it to work always you have to use perspective camera and just put the fov really low.
  • DanaosC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DanaosC polycounter lvl 5
    Sunray said:
    DanaosC said:
    Yea man you got to check if you have the ao shader in the input for it. Also specular sometimes works and other times don't. Someone told me if you want it to work always you have to use perspective camera and just put the fov really low.
    I eventually figured it out, indeed it had something to do with what you said. Glad you figured out the specular too. :) Cheers!