Home Technical Talk

Tablets and your workstation

Irraka
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Irraka polycounter lvl 7
Hello I recently got a new 22 inch drawing tablet. It's the MP 22-inch 1080p from IIIP. It's really nice and I'm enjoying it but Im having an issue with my setup. I just can't find a comfortable way to have my tablet and keyboard set up. The tablet has no side buttons so I need to use my keyboard to work the camera and commands in Zbrush. I was wondering how do you guys have your tablets and workstations set up? I think the main problem im running into is that my monitor doesn't have a stand so the bottom of it needs to be on a flat surface. Any advice for a left hander? Thanks!

Replies

• GrevSev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GrevSev polycounter lvl 9
    Radial menu
    Flicks
    Inscribe. 

I've bound all my hotkeys and such to  radial  menu  and  access that  with  my  stylus

I'm really wanting to us a switch controller for physical hottkeys
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My friend has a small portable logitech keyboard, it has a neat switch you can flip between the tablet or workstation dongle. I think he usually has it to the left of the tablet, which is in the center of his desk. This one, i think. Personally that would drive me nuts, I found one at a local store, and there's no way I could make it my main keyboard.

Personally I just scoot my keyboard forward and I also use radial menus or screen controls. I was looking at something like the Razer Tantalus to have something smaller, but haven't decided yet.
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    this really was a riddle for me with 2 monitors and an onscreen tablet (I also like to keep my galaxy note on a stand for reference) 

my solution was keeping the space to the left of my keyboard clear then just rigging up all the macros I needed to custom profiles on the numpad.

may even pickup a seperate usb numpad at some point so I can just have the hotkeys on that.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I dual wield.  Keyboard gets tucked or sits on the left side of the tablet.  It's also a 10 keyless mechanical, so it doesn't take up that much space as a full one.  Left hand operates shortcuts on the keyboard
  • radiancef0rge