Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Challenge #3 - Respawn Entry WIP

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
BradleyMAdams polycounter lvl 3
Hey guys! I wish I discovered this competition back at challenge 1, anyhow this is what I'm working on for my entry. Currently in a very rough block out stage.

I've only been focusing on the poses at the moment and need to refine the block out timing before going into the next stage.

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/163176#199382

Replies

• AnthonyAnimation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AnthonyAnimation greentooth
    Nice! I remember seeing your idea on SmearFrame. Not too many notes right now, though watch the weight shifts as he gets up.

I was also expecting him to perhaps claw at the window or try to look out as he's getting grabbed. Right now he seems pretty lifeless while he's in there. Perhaps that is your intent, but we are mostly only seeing his lower body, so it's just an idea to add a little flair.

I'm not sure how necessary the camera cut at the end is. I get that it's meant to be the in-game camera, but the transition is a little jarring. If you look at Sunset Overdrive's respawns the camera swoops around, maybe give that a shot.
  • BradleyMAdams
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradleyMAdams polycounter lvl 3
    Nice! I remember seeing your idea on SmearFrame. Not too many notes right now, though watch the weight shifts as he gets up.

I was also expecting him to perhaps claw at the window or try to look out as he's getting grabbed. Right now he seems pretty lifeless while he's in there. Perhaps that is your intent, but we are mostly only seeing his lower body, so it's just an idea to add a little flair.

I'm not sure how necessary the camera cut at the end is. I get that it's meant to be the in-game camera, but the transition is a little jarring. If you look at Sunset Overdrive's respawns the camera swoops around, maybe give that a shot.
    I think you might have me mistaken for that. :|

Yeah I think I will add some more interaction within the claw machine, as He does kind of look dead aha.

I see what you mean, I'll definetly change the camera at the end. Thanks for the help! :D