Home Career & Education

Monitors and graphic cards for a multimedia school

caeleni
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
caeleni polycounter lvl 2
Hi guys!
I'm setting up computers for the multimedia school i work with here in Italy,we're going to start courses of every kind about 3d modeling,video game design,graphic design,motion graphic,architectural visualization ecc ecc.I've already got computers, i7 and i5 and now it's time to buy monitors and graphic cards.I'm trying to keep the budget as low as  i can,at least now that we're starting offering this new huge variety of courses,we can upgrade gear in the future.
So i'm in need of 22" monitors,ips i think,nothing professional for now ,with the best color reproduction i can find ,keeping the cost very low....let's say under 100 euro
Same for video cards with a particular eye in keeping low power consumption,we got computers from a stock and they come only with a 350w psu,so i was thinking at something like the Mini version of gtx 1050 or an Amd equivalent.Here too i want to keep the budget as low as i can,around 100/120 euro.
It might be useful to know which program we might run on these machines...maya,zbrush,blender,cinema4d,houdini,photoshop,after effect,illustrator,indesign,unreal engine,unity ,substance suite,marvelous designer 
With time we will improve the gear,for now we need the very minimum to start..so i tought let's ask to the experts.and here i am

thanks in advance for the help 

Replies

• EarthQuake
    GTX 1050 is probably the best choice for your budget and PSU requirements, it requires a 300W PSU.

The AMD RX 460 is another option, but it's slower than the Nvidia card, looks to be about the same price, and requires a 380W PSU so it would be a little risky.

As far as monitors go, 100 euro isn't very much for an IPS panel, so basically whatever the cheapest 22" IPS monitor is in your area.
  • igi
    Offline / Send Message
    igi polycounter lvl 12
    nvidia 1050ti seems like your best choice. It doesn't require a power cable from psu, so it should work on a dubious 350watt generic power supply assuming that's the case. don't go for plain 1050, a little extra for 1050ti worth the money.
     you can go for 23" ips with little to no extra cost. 22" can be a bit small for 1080p resolution. any ips panel would work, no need to go fancier models. and put at least 8gb ram into each pc. prefer single stick so you can spare extra slot for upgrade.
  • caeleni
    Offline / Send Message
    caeleni polycounter lvl 2
    thank you guys for the answers
    pretty much what i was thinking ,thank you igi for pointing out that 22" might be too small for 1080p..i don't have so much experience with panels below  24" so i don't know.Can you suggest me some models? again thanks
    a friend pointed me toward the gtx 1030 as a cheaper alternative,and i have to say it's not bad
    considering that every program runs well with an old radeon hd6950,the 1030 should be ok too