Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Abandoned Water well - Portfolio piece WIP

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Jorgex3D polycounter lvl 4
Hi all! Im trying to make a piece for my portfolio and finally decided to post my progress here to force me to finish the piece and receive some nice feedback and help ^^

Im trying to make an little vegetation environment on UE4 with a central piece, a roman water will.

Here is the concept of the water will:

I did the blockout of the structure

Did a fast sculpt of the pillar in Zbrush and texturized (only for test) in substance painter, here is the result:

The texture is just a quick test on substance but i want to know your impressions.

I will build all in UE4 when i finish the main structure.

Thank you all and sorry for my english :sweat:

Replies

• Jorgex3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well im still doing this... slowly in my spare time. This is what i got so far:

I need to adjust the proportions a little but im happy atm with the result.

Feedback and critics are welcome ^^
  • eXeLeNaS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eXeLeNaS vertex
    This is looking good until now. Something I noticed in the ref image is that the base has much bigger bricks , not so many as yours. Between the 2 pillars I see almost 3 bricks and you have almost 5 . Not a big deal anyway. Good luck ahead.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're making good progress!
  • Jorgex3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eXeLeNaS said:
    This is looking good until now. Something I noticed in the ref image is that the base has much bigger bricks , not so many as yours. Between the 2 pillars I see almost 3 bricks and you have almost 5 . Not a big deal anyway. Good luck ahead.
    Yep i noticed that yesterday ^^ im working on it, also my structure is taller than the reference. 

I think i will have the whole high poly this week i will post screens when the HP is finished.

• TheGabmeister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheGabmeister interpolator
    Looking good. I'm also working on a Roman inspired environment. Having a hard time creating the Corinthian details on top of columns. 

Did you sculpt all those details in Zbrush? Or maybe you created a base mesh first and then sculpted it?
  • Jorgex3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good. I'm also working on a Roman inspired environment. Having a hard time creating the Corinthian details on top of columns. 

Did you sculpt all those details in Zbrush? Or maybe you created a base mesh first and then sculpted it?
    I used a base mesh from max for the leaves, just 2 cubes with turbosmooth then used move brush of Z to get the shape and then get into the details. All the parts are welded with dynamesh. Im bad at sculpting so i need a base mesh for almost everything :sweat:
  • Jorgex3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Long time since last post, i just came back to the water well and rethinked the idea, i will make a jungle environment for my lost water well.

The HP and LP are done and im texturing at this moment.

I will post my texture work soon.

Also did a simple moss texture in Substance Designer for the texture work in Painter.

• Jorgex3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi all! , im doing some progress. Comments and feedback are welcome ^^

Here is what i have so far:

-I need to teak the texture a bit and the position of the rope, but heres the water well main structure.

-Some substance designer textures i did for this project: Rope for the water well, tree bark and ground.

And some vegetation. I plan to do some trees, grass and stuff like that for this environment.

And one last thing, im playing with unreal 4 illumination watching some tutorials but my light look a bit "weird" like overexposed even with the intensity low (i see everything correctly but when i wait a few seconds the scene starts to overexpose). If someone can tell me a nice tutorial for exterior illumination in ue4 I will be very grateful.

Thanks!

• Jorgex3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally did a little diorama with the water well and vegetation. Critiques welcome ^^

More images at:
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/oYXzW

• WolfMaskMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message