Home Technical Talk

Sculpting and Texturing pipeline for VFX and cinematic assets?

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
ISUther polycounter lvl 6
Hello,

I have created Zbrush model. (No poly paint used, used dynamesh)
Resolution of that model is bit over 5 million polys.
I Decimated the model and imported it in to Topogun 2 where i did retopo to that model.

I am confused now how to proceed.

Wanted to get very high details for this model as planed to do camera close up shots and later also build vfx effect on top of the model 
 Model that i got from topogun 2 (retopoed model) is now verry low poly count: 14,148 polys
But no details. 
I took that low retopoed model to Unfold 3D where i cut the model and created multy tile uv-s

But i am confused.
1. Is this correct way to do UV-s or should i do UV-s for Dynamesh model that i have not used re-topo?
2. Should i import that low poly model that has UV-s on in to Mari? Or i should do textures on top of high poly model that has details?
3. If i should use high poly model instead that means i have to do UV-s on high poly model as Mari does not take in OBJ-s that do not have UV-s.
I did look at gnomon workshop but they are skipping some parts and do not fully explain it.

Note plan is to create textures atleast 4k to the model and have high level details and also later if needed to create separate textures for VFX
Main goal is cinematic trailer quality character on to what i can build VFX effect.

Replies