Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3D Artist Feedback Portfolio

sinnart
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
sinnart polycounter lvl 5
Hi, I've been working on my portfolio for a while, and after several changes, I think It's almost done. I'm about to go to a job fair pretty soon, so would like to hear some feedback and advice about it. What do you think?  Artstation

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I appreciate the creature designs.  The variance from serious/menacing to playful shows a strong range within that segment.

What I feel like is immediately missing is some sense of character related prop work.  You have some on Skeech, but I'd like more.  Items that prove your hard surface design, etc.

• sinnart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I appreciate the creature designs.  The variance from serious/menacing to playful shows a strong range within that segment.

What I feel like is immediately missing is some sense of character related prop work.  You have some on Skeech, but I'd like more.  Items that prove your hard surface design, etc.

Hm, you're right. In the Older folder I have some props, like hand-painted swords, a small scene or other characters, but I think they are not at the same level. I decided to "drop" them after talking with other artist, who thought would be better to just focus in my best works

• artofmars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artofmars polycounter lvl 9
    I think that "Krokett" is your strongest piece and I agree with Brian that I would like to see more variety.

One thing I would really focus on is working from a concept and not your own. The reality is most of the time you will be translating a 2D concept into 3D and that's a really difficult part. Show you can do that and do it well.

I also don't see any material variety. Looking at these I don't know if you can make leather, metal or cloth. 

Hope this helps! 
  • sinnart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artofmars said:
    I think that "Krokett" is your strongest piece and I agree with Brian that I would like to see more variety.

One thing I would really focus on is working from a concept and not your own. The reality is most of the time you will be translating a 2D concept into 3D and that's a really difficult part. Show you can do that and do it well.

I also don't see any material variety. Looking at these I don't know if you can make leather, metal or cloth. 

Hope this helps! 

It does! They are indeed from a concept. Maybe made more realistic than they were meant to be.
    Thanks for your feedback, I'll work in another character to show more variety
  • kreativbloc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kreativbloc polycounter lvl 3
    Hey man. It would be cool if you had strong use of color, material definition and overall more variation of assets. I think a realistic bust or something close to that would look great in your portfolio. Keep it up.

• sinnart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey man. It would be cool if you had strong use of color, material definition and overall more variation of assets. I think a realistic bust or something close to that would look great in your portfolio. Keep it up.

Thanks! I'll keep it in mind