Hi, i have been playing with UE4 and trying to make a cabin in the woods scene, but before going to the cabin and it's props I really wanted to try do the forest enviroment, so what is going on? I first will try to build up an good composition of forest, or at least something that start to please me. Using pre-made assets like trees, plants, grass and fx stuff from marketplace, not going to create anything right now.
I want to do a really small cabin in the woods, but this needs also to be a "lake house", i want this scene to be morning and cold out there
- create the outside lake enviroment
- find a point where i like to start populate the scene with props
- create the man made enviroment, like deck with canoe, a yard and the cabin
- the yard must have a fire pitch, since it is cold on morning and night
- the cabin have to be one single room with a stair for bed on the 2nd floor, and be nothing fancy
- I have no obligations or fixed ETA by doing this, right now this is for play, know the engine a bit more and have fun
Things i would like to do:
- work more on the plant and tree scattering
- work more on the light, try to make this better as i can for now
- work more on the plant sss and the way this looks when light hit it, you can note some plants are too green compared to the light scene
- try to make my own green stuff assets, maybe i will need speedtree but idk.
- try to optimize the scene, this fog was done by cards and it's ultra super expensive, can drop my fps to 20-50, at least this give me more control on the volumetric effect without affect the whole world, this is cool but too damn expensive.
So here is my current results: What you think?