Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Me again! :D Looking for critique before posting to my portfolio

EVF
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
EVF polycounter lvl 3
I tried to keep this one more like a concept than an illo, looking for critiques as far as values (which i checked and rechecked this time), focal point.. etc anything that feels/looks wrong.
Any advice is truly welcomed :) thanks in advance!

Replies

• lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    OK, for starters, this is quite good, so dont forget that when you go through the following crits =P

- Perspective seems of in the shadow covered part of the illustration. pretty much all of it looks and feels wonky, except for maybe the house in the right corner.

- background environments, mountains etc. is also not matching the perspective in all places.

- cloud rendering style feels of and almost pixelated looking, rather then what you have in the rest of the piece.

- overall your lacking small, medium, large in your composition structure.  all the houses have approximately the same per-pixel size on the canvas, even though perspective is in play.

Overall I also feel like cropping the piece at the mountain center would improve the piece greatly.

• EVF
    Offline / Send Message
    EVF polycounter lvl 3
    :) Thank you kindly for the help @lotet
    I agree with your crop choice, and there is indeed not much size variation... thank PS for layers!
    About the shadow buildings wonkiness, do you think it's because we should be seeing more roof than walls?
    Will get rid of market stands and bring the roof tops of the right btm corner up on the bakery, to get a less square crop.
    Thanks again! cheers! love your artstation gallery