Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[wip] Guess that famous person!!

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Larry interpolator
Hey guys, guess who that person is!! It is my first reference sculpting and honestly, i spent so many hours trying to get the proportions right but in the end i dont think it really looks like the original. What am i missing? Any critiques very appreciated!

Spoiler. Initials are E.C.

Replies

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    @TeriyakiStyle thank you for your guidance. All the texture was placed after i did the sculpting. I did not take a picture of the model fitting the whole screen, i just cut those parts for posting it here. Nevertheless here are more pictures. I wanted to do Emilia Clarke, the reference used was this

for the haircut, this 

i still need to add the skin noise and sculpt the neck, this is my first head sculpting, first head with clean topology, and propably try my first animation! Really excited, but i was really curious on what did i miss and my model didnt look like emilia clarke at all :P
  • ozzy310
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ozzy310 polycounter lvl 8
    Based on the reference you provided you need to make the face a bit thinner and the bottom lip is wide. Something about it tells there was some guess work done on the side of the face. Hopefully you got a lot of images from different angles. I googled Emilia Clarke and there is a whole bunch of them. 
  • Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    @ozzy310 thanks for the feedback! Zbrush is a great tool, but if I could say one bad thing about it is that it has terrible camera. I even tried to match the face with the image by making it see through, still I got different results. I have no idea what focal diatortion is best for realistic perspective... Anyway thanks again