Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

3D Character Modeller/Animator needed for prototype for innovative stylized action game made in UE4

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
CandescenceBlade polycounter lvl 2
Update: So our existing modeller has told me that he's not gonna be able to work on this project for the forseeable future, so that makes things more urgent now.

So, my team does have someone who is supposed to be handling character models/animations, but he's also busy as hell and likely won't be able to get things done for weeks. Since we really need something to work with to actually prototype a game like this, I figured trying to find help here would be a good option. 

Right now, we need someone (or multiple people) willing to model, rig and animate a single playable character from amongst the characters we have concept art of at the moment - note that the visual style for the characters is very much stylized and 'anime', so just making it clear up front for those who aren't suited to/used to working with stylized characters, but we have fully-prepared reference art for modelling. Whether those applying want to continue helping with the project beyond this one particular job is up to them, but we do ideally want someone who is able to get started and hopefully finish ASAP while myself and my programmer are basically free for the next month or so we can get as much done as we can.

We're also looking into smaller forms of crowdfunded funding to help finish the prototype (patreon, indiegogo, etc), but we're still unable to guarantee any kind of payment right now, so we're going to be honest and say that the work will be unpaid until further notice. We can offer rev share eventually, but we can't guarantee it.

If you're interested, please contact me and I'll show you the character concepts/references so you can take a look at what'd you'd be working with.

Project Title:
Trapped With Us

Description:
A nefarious being has been bringing people from across the multiverse into a sadistic cycle of tournaments for his amusement. The player's job is to infiltrate the cycle, gain the trust of the competitors, and break everyone free, competing in matches and exploring 'dungeons' to find a way to free everyone.

Includes:
  • Intuitive combat mechanics inspired by Dark Souls, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Super Smash Bros. and other action games.
  • Innovative interaction and dialogue mechanics, all real-time and based around a single button.
  • No cutscenes - dynamic real-time scenes inspired by games like Half-Life 2, with a diverse cast and an interactive narrative.
  • Stylised visuals with a heavy anime/Japanese inspiration, with the tone somewhere between Avatar: TLA/TLoK and Fullmetal Alchemist. Right now we're considering doing stylized characters but more realistic environments, ala Gravity Rush 2.
  • Trackmania/Shootmania-style level editor for competitive maps.
Team Name:
Candescent Blade Games

Team Structure (Current):
Joshua "Candescence" Braico (Project Lead, Head Designer, Narrative Writer)
Ethan/Breeze/Masteric (Main programmer)
Steven Davis (3D artist)

Current Progress

Early prototype phase, with movement, lock-on, basic menu screen, programmer currently working on the backend for combat mechanics.

What we need

One modelled, rigged and animated playable character with roughly 30 animations (not including directional variations).

Contact Details

Email: joshuabraico.candescence@gmail.com
Discord: Candescence#1529