Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP - Kenny Omega

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
Current progress:

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted something here but I'm looking to start a new project in an attempt to improve my anatomy knowledge as well as creating (hopefully) a nice portfolio piece. I'm going to be creating a full game-ready model of the wrestler Kenny Omega; he's got a really unique face and insane hair. 

Here's some images of my current model, I've been mostly working on getting the proportions and anatomy looking right (which I'd absolutely love any help with!). Regarding style I'd like to aim somewhere in the realm of Overwatch or Shardbound. I'd eventually like to kit him out with all his gear and accessories.

And here's a bunch of my reference images of Kenny since I'm sure not everyone is aware who he is haha.
I'll be posting pretty regularly to this, I welcome any and all critiques and suggestions as I go.

Cheers!

Replies

• CrazyMoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CrazyMoon polycounter lvl 3
    Solid anatomy start :D Curious to see where you take him! The legs look a little weird where the quads attach to the knee in the front, but maybe you're going for something more extreme? 
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Current update:
    I feel like I'm getting closer with the likeness but also it's way off. I'm trying to hold off on doing the hair because I feel like that will do 90% of the work of making it look like him so I'm trying to focus on the face as much as possible. Regardless, I'm much happier with the structure and style of this head. Also made the body look a little less ridiculous for now.

@CrazyMoon Thanks a lot! Yeah the anatomy was a bit too extreme I think, I wasn't sure whether to go full over-the-top or only slightly exaggerated so I just toned it all back a bit for now and I'm just keeping it there for scale while I work on the head which I think will be my biggest struggle.
  • Asura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asura greentooth
    I like where this is going! Also call me silly but I had no idea he was a wrestler lol. I watched him come up through the fighting game community on street fighter 5 recently. coll stuff either way 
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Asura  Haha that's so awesome, it's really cool seeing him carve himself out a spot in the fighting game community. Video games have clearly influenced his wrestling a lot, at one point his finishing move was a hadoken. 

Here's my latest update! I was happy enough with his head to add all of his insane hair and start working on the body and accessories. I'll end up moving the hair around a bit especially around the left side of his face since I'm not happy with that yet. I'm pretty happy with how his body is looking and my next step will be to get that polished before moving back up to the head/hair. 

• BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So the sculpt is 99% finished at this point, there's a few little things to clean up like the boots and fingers (and reverse the direction of the braids haha). Can't wait to retopo this guy!
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I went through all of my files out of curiosity and charted my progress on the face, it's kind of amazing to look at that first head a little over a month ago and where I ended up at. It was really frustrating at times but seeing this makes me excited to see where I'll be at even a month from now.
  • CaesarAlbertus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CaesarAlbertus polycounter lvl 8
    Nice work thanks for sharing the process¡¡¡¡¡¡