Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Doomhammer

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
JonConley polycounter lvl 8
Still trying to get better at zbrush. Thinking of printing this out in miniature or making it full sized out of foam and printing out some of the details.

This will probably be a hand painted pbr piece to keep the piece stylized.

Replies

• jth852
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jth852 polycounter lvl 2
    Hey looks pretty cool so far! Maybe detail the edges of the bands that go around the body different than the edges of the hammer parts to make the different parts stand out.  Post the 3D prints or foam piece if you get around to doing it, it'd be cool to see.
  • JonConley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @jth852 Thanks for the comment and crit! I definitely agree that there is a lot of sameness going on and will definitely have to work on that.

Didn't have a lot of time last night but after talking with a friend I found some things that were missing, updated the size and texture of the cap on top, and updated the wolf a bit.

• jth852
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jth852 polycounter lvl 2
    You could also check out the Orb_Brush pack from Michael Vicente (a Blizzard artist) for some of the stylized crack details.  I'm pretty sure the brushes are free on his website, they won't do all the work for you, but it has some nice effects.
  • JonConley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @jth852, that is the plan. I used a couple of his brushes so far on this. The next step is to go in and add some divets in over a few of the surfaces and add in chips and cuts. Didn't have time to do so this weekend but looking forward to doing more this week.