Home Technical Talk

Zbrush OBJ export

jb1456
null
Offline / Send Message
jb1456 null
Okey so Im a little stuck. I want to export my Zbrush mesh as an OBJ and of course I dont want it to say "ZbrushPolyMesh3D" in the end because of a later bake (please exclude that I dont want it for FBX right now). I have followed allegorithmics tip on how you can uncheck the group option on the export section but this does not work. Is there any other way or am I missing something ?

This is a problem because I need to bake the low polly with a highpolly and use Substances mesh by name feature. But if the highpolly changes name then it wont work. Im currently testing on my lowpolly model in MAYA

Replies

• Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    The colon in the name indicates that this model has a namespace assigned to it.  Namespaces allow models to possess identical names in a scene without interfering with each other.  You can remove namespaces using the Namespace Editor found under Window > General Editors.  Just select the namespace and choose Delete.
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's not quite the problem, @jb1456 is just using maya to show how the object is named, the namespace comes from the filename which isn't helpful for the intended workflow.

A quick search netted this post, would this help? There's a special note about unchecking group for each object.

Failing that, you can edit the obj in np++ or something after export to change the name.
  • sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    namespaces are applied when you import the mesh. There is a checkbox on the 'import OBJ' dialog that says "'use namespaces". Uncheck this and then set the drop-down boxes to 'Resolve: "clashing nodes" with "the filename"'