Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Serine

sinnart
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
sinnart polycounter lvl 5
Hi guys :)
This is my first high poly character (25k polys), made just for portfolio. I'm still working on her textures and in lighting. I think there is something weird about her gauntlets and the staff, but I can't find out where is the problem. What do you think so far?

Replies

• LVG
    Offline / Send Message
    LVG polycounter lvl 12
    I like what you have so far, I really like how you've done the hair one thing that stands out to me is that the shirt looks painted on, is it? or is it planes as there seems to be no thickness to it especially around these areas, also what are you planning to render this in as at the moment the shoulder pads don't really pop but that could be the lighting, anyway keep going it's looking nice

• sinnart
    Offline / Send Message
    sinnart polycounter lvl 5
    LVG said:
    I like what you have so far, I really like how you've done the hair one thing that stands out to me is that the shirt looks painted on, is it? or is it planes as there seems to be no thickness to it especially around these areas, also what are you planning to render this in as at the moment the shoulder pads don't really pop but that could be the lighting, anyway keep going it's looking nice

Yes, I made the shirt in marvelous and then baked it as a single mesh with the body, I guess I'll have to add more shadows to simulate some thickness. I think that the shoulders don't stand out so much because I reduced the metalness on them. I'll check it out. Thanks! :smile: