Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Skrull fanart (Progress)

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
HeXiFy polycounter lvl 5
Hey everyone, so I'm in the middle of my final for the first block at the DAVE school and I figured I'd post up a progress thread to get some critique on what others may notice. 

The model is based off  Rodrigue Pralier's concept.

This is the base sculpt to get the form of it
  I've edited the nose a bit, and tried to go for the general chin and face structure
 At this point I added the eyes, added some more detail into the ears, added eyelids, and have spruced up the cheek structure along with the nose.

Replies

• HeXiFy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HeXiFy polycounter lvl 5

Still have some detailing work to do. Also noticed the shape of the chin is lower than the jaw line. Also gonna play around with the nasal fold a little bit more...

Feel free to comment critiques or ideas
  • HeXiFy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HeXiFy polycounter lvl 5
    Alright so I've gone and added some more little details.. I was able to inflate the ear tips and will work on that more to get the right thickness, but does anyone have something that pops out to them that could be changed? I'm going to start on the ear detail now and change up the dimples.

• HeXiFy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HeXiFy polycounter lvl 5
    I carved in some more details, played with the nose a little bit, just got a new creasing brush so I've started messing around with the texturing more and sorted out some of the shapes. I'm still messing with the cheek bones to get a better match to the reference. Going to start looking at textures for the back of the head... Can't find any good references for the back of the head for the Skrull concept. If anyone has any ideas for it, please feel free.

• HeXiFy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HeXiFy polycounter lvl 5
    Alright so I knocked out a few minor details and started poly painting the model in zBrush. This is just a basic paint over and I'll include later details.

• HeXiFy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HeXiFy polycounter lvl 5
    Alright, I added some more minor details on the painting portion, and this is more or less when I'm going to stop actively working on it. This is the last upgrade I'm doing as it will be handed in for grading, but I think I'll be adding a body to it soon in my free time. Hope everyone enjoyed viewing the progression as it was fun making one!