Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stylized Gaulish house

EVF
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
EVF polycounter lvl 3
My first artistic inspiration ever was Albert Uderzo, the artist behind Asterix and Obelix, when i was a young kid. So here's my take on one of the houses that could be in the village of the irreducible Gallics. :)
I'd like to add more props.
Planning on doing the inside next.

Replies

• Doodlok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doodlok interpolator
    You really nailed the Uderzo-ish feeling. I grew up reading Asterix and Obelix myself and I can totally imagine this sort of design / building perfectly fitting into the scene.

My only comment would be the bottom rock support part, it seems sorta too rectangular and rigid compared to other parts of the flow to me (but then like you really need to take everything I say with grain of salt coz my works aint really good neither), I think it might flow better overall if it's bit more wonky and blocky like the chimney on the right side.

Really like it, cant wait to see inside :D 
  • EVF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVF polycounter lvl 3
    @Doodlok
    I agree with your comment on the btm support. I might add some stones sticking out and such.
    Whether you're a good artist or not doesn't mean you can't give good critiques.
    And your work is good, just keep at it like I said, watch a bunch of tuts(ctrlpaint.com is great), keep browsing galleries etc... render from life...
    Thanks for the kind words!