Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Riun_13 Black Lab Character

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
hectorsdors greentooth
Good news everyone!

Nah...

This is a new project I'm working on. I found the work of 13 Black Park http://www.black13park.com/ the work this guy makes is outstanding.
I felt in love with all the designs and I needed to create some of this characters in 3D.

The first one I chose to model was Riun. This badass Nazi Assassin now serves as a ranger, and specializes in assassin activities.

"
In this design, John not only continue on his slight steampunk style, he also added in some elements adopted from Bosnian and Middle East, combining retro pattern and lines into steampunk machinery.

Unlike John’s previous designs, he uses a wolf skeleton that can apply to both human and wolf head sculpture, giving collectors a more divers choice on how to gear up their own Riun. Why skeleton head? Because it reflects the violence of Riun which can shock the enemy before the fight even started.

John adopted a little bit of preppy style when designing Riun’s outfit, coordinate with the up coming winter, hope to give our supporters a brand new view on our outfit design."

Replies

• hectorsdors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hectorsdors greentooth
    I made a research to get some information about the character outfit and some pics of the figurine from Youtube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpLnNZs-pGs

• hectorsdors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hectorsdors greentooth
    More about the boots, I find the traditional boots used to play Polo are almost the same that Riun ones and looks more robust.

• hectorsdors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hectorsdors greentooth
    I started using Marvelous to create the clothes... I'm trying hard cause I don't have much experience with clothes patterns. But I'm learning a lot.

Here is the pattern I've created for the trousers.

After simulate, I get some good results. The blue parts were frozen to get a better result in the simulation process. So I could make the leg larger to create the wrinkles that would be upper the boots.

• hectorsdors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hectorsdors greentooth
    (*sings) The boots are made for walking... tururururu

• hectorsdors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hectorsdors greentooth
    And that's how it looks the boots and the trousers together

After that, I started to fight with the shirt on Marvelous. Here is the pattern I've created and the Marvelous viewport.

Again, the blue parts were fronzen to let me create the wrinkles on the arms. The cuffs were frozen in the middle of the arm, so I could roll up the entire sleeve. On the left arm, I've created that piece of fabric (the nazi bracelet) and frozen it.
    I did the same on the lower part. I duplicate the trouser waist and frozen it, so I could make the wrinkles and create the effect of the shirt under the trouser.

• hectorsdors
  • hectorsdors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hectorsdors greentooth
    More updates with the clothes. This time the gloves. 
    Here is the pattern I've used in Marvelous

And this is the result after sewing and simulate everything.

• Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    Solid cloth work so far! Is he going to be a man or a fox in the end? And some feedback on the pants, they are hanging an awful lot in the front right now, it does not look like the belt is doing anything. The belt should be quite horizontal unless the pelvis and rump are changing how the pants and belt sit on the body. Unless you got some ref where it is hanging like that, and then just carry on as I might be wrong ^^
  • hectorsdors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hectorsdors greentooth
    @Nuclear Angel Thanks for the feedback!! I really appreciate it :D 
    About the pants... maybe you're right. I've been making some research on Pinterest looking for some references and I've seen both cases. Anyways, I tried to move the hips part of the pants as you advised me and I think now it looks better.

Also, I detailed a bit the gloves and started to sculpt the face (the human one). 

I wanna model the wolf one too, indeed, I'll create all the assets. Let's see how it's going ^__^
  • hectorsdors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hectorsdors greentooth
    Working now on the retopo. It's been a tedious process but the first trying at baking in Substance Painter was successful so... YES!!!!!!

That's how its like in Marmoset with normal and AO. Pretty happy with the results. It just took a little photoshop touch in some os the wrinkles in the AO and the normal, but nothing heavy.

Have anyone used anytime the Marmoset baker? I heard that it's awesome, but I have no idea how it works hahaha. If you have any advice or secret tip I would really appreciate to know about it : )
  • hectorsdors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hectorsdors greentooth
    I've been working so hard these days but I almost finished the primary model. This is all the pics of the process for theses days.
  • hectorsdors
  • hectorsdors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hectorsdors greentooth
    I'm trying to find a way to illuminate this guy in Marmoset... Now I'm working with the HDRI from the Sky and a few omni lights. Just 3. One principal light, another complementary light and a backlight. I have to research some Light setups... I'm not sure what could work better with the model :sweat:
  • hectorsdors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hectorsdors greentooth
    Well, I think I could call it done for now. I want to finish all the model, with the wolf head, the swords, etc 
    The point is that I'm trying to improve my portfolio as much as I could to be ready for the "Trojan Horse was a Unicorn" and I think is time to move to another character instead of work for the eternity on the same one just to reach the "perfection" and never finish. (Just a personal thought)
    Anyway. Here is the final look for Riun.

• hectorsdors