Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Uncharted 4 Fan Art

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
soldierguy97 polycounter lvl 7
Just created a new portfolio piece. It's fan art of a scene from Uncharted 4. I really liked the composition and lighting of this scene from one of my favorite games and I sought to capture it in Unreal Engine 4. I pictured the scene in a non-degraded state contrary to how it is in the game. I will most likely be doing the degraded state next. For anyone that hasn't seen this part of the game here is my reference:
http://pre08.deviantart.net/9c92/th/pre/f/2016/149/d/8/uncharted_4___a_thief_s_end__24__by_fonzzz002-da47eby.jpg, along with various other screenshots taken in-game.

I'm really proud of this and will continue to produce environments of this quality. I reworked the lighting of the night scene and am working on refining the day one a little more. Any critique would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to contact me for work feel free to message me. This is also uploaded on my Artstation(https://www.artstation.com/artwork/BDKOD) if you would like to show some support that would be awesome! Thanks!

Replies

• macoll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    macoll polycounter lvl 13
    Really nice meshing and props man !

For the day lighting: perhaps not enough GI at the bottom (far from the window). I 'd put more lights without shadows to fake more GI.
    For the night scene: it is too contrasted to me, not enough GI here and here...well, there are a lot of candles i mean ;)

The only thing that really bothers me is your floor, even on the reference...i think your floor is too busy with these slabs. For me, when you put busy/complicated stuff on the walls and ceiling, you really should make a clear floor (think about a large marble tile by example rather white or with a brighter albedo with nice reflections).

I really like your overall scene, gratz ;)

...my two cents
  • soldierguy97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    soldierguy97 polycounter lvl 7
    macoll said:
    Really nice meshing and props man !

For the day lighting: perhaps not enough GI at the bottom (far from the window). I 'd put more lights without shadows to fake more GI.
    For the night scene: it is too contrasted to me, not enough GI here and here...well, there are a lot of candles i mean ;)

The only thing that really bothers me is your floor, even on the reference...i think your floor is too busy with these slabs. For me, when you put busy/complicated stuff on the walls and ceiling, you really should make a clear floor (think about a large marble tile by example rather white or with a brighter albedo with nice reflections).

I really like your overall scene, gratz ;)

...my two cents
    Thanks a lot!! I will continue to work on it. Yep, the floor was something that was difficult to settle on and I'll probably change it up.