Home Adobe Substance

Help with recreating something.

Wolfen
null
Offline / Send Message
Wolfen null
So I am somewhat new to Substance designer. Though I have a basic knowledge. Followed all the official tutorials and others out there on youtube. I am however still experimenting and learning things (probably will never end hehe).

I am currently trying to recreate something specific. The following image. It's something I got from textures.com and made tile via photoshop. However now with SD, I feel I can just create this kind of thing on my own.

I am just curious what direction some of you might go to make this. Especially the main center orange part. Primarily those cracks.

Bonus question:  Is there some place with an in depth description of the Tile Sampler node? I have been playing with it recently and it has really been messing with me on how to use it effectively.

Replies

• ActionDawg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ActionDawg greentooth
    Why not open the tile sampler and take a look at how it looks? The default Substances are just ripe for picking.

Take the image into photoshop and write down notes on the features you see and what needs to be replicated. Basically just make a plan rather than trying to wing it and you'll thank yourself.