Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Modeller(s) Needed for Full 3D Third-Person Tactical RPG

Evening, my name is Azrael, and I'm the Director/Producer/Project Manager/Head 2D Artist/Designer/Head Writer and eventual Voice Actor for the Parallel Zodiac Project.

What am I making, you ask? A Full-3D Third-Person Tactical RPG with survival elements and romance options, set on two alien worlds at war. That being said, the applicant that wishes to join our team must have some creative skill--because what we're making has to be original, and not look like every other alien monster in video games. Not an easy task, if you ask me.

Who's involved? There are currently 17 members on my team, but many are only partial contributors--there are probably 7 or 8 of us who are actively working on any given day, and some just don't log onto the server (in the case that I know them in person) or don't have our favourite method of contact, Discord Messenger. Let me give you a breakdown of who's who:

We are 3 Programmers, 4 Writers (most of which double in design), 1 Level Designer, 1 2D Artist, 2 Animators, 1 3D Modeller (currently taking a hiatus of unknown length), 2 Composers (one of which also does sound engineering), and a few assorted Design and Quality-Testing people.

Now, with all this in mind, I am offering a position to any number of hobbyists who would like to participate.

YES, YOU WILL HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT. In fact, you will have to sign two: a Nondisclosure Agreement to see anything specific (or more detailed than what has been mentioned already), and a Freelancer Agreement to outline the terms under which you are working. Both these contracts are negotiable at the time of signing, and can be revised as many times as necessary to ensure that we retain a good business arrangement.

My time constraints are not that strict--in fact, we currently do not have a deadline set in stone--but the team wants to put out a playable demo by PAX East, next March, and I would love to have something to show for it. If we don't make that deadline, we can always figure out where we are going from there, and at least we'll know where we stand.

Still with me? I won't bore you with text walls much longer. Last, but certainly not least, I'd like to thank you for reading this far and hope that we can work together to make something great. I'm learning 3D Art, myself, but I don't believe that my skills are developed enough to take on this role--but I will do whatever it takes to make sure this game comes to completion. I've worked on it for ten years, come August--and back then, my best chance at making it was to sell it to someone who could pull it off, or spend just as long developing it solo. Let's make a dream happen.