Home Freelance Job Postings

(Paid) Portfolio Building Advice/Light Mentorship (for Concept Art)

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
miguelnarayan polycounter lvl 8
Hi.
I've been self-taught for a while, I'm re-making my portfolio for the third time now.
www.miguel-nogueira.com

I have a few paths traced on how to do this, but I'd like the input/some mentorship of sorts, of a person that is suited to give me some advice, ultimately making sure I'm not making errors with the third time I'm re-making it.
I am looking for a portfolio build of relevant design/gameplay/film solutions and constraints, and illustration/arts as secondary.

I already have a path to walk, as I said, but I'm looking for someone to take a look at it. Critic, maybe spend no more than a few lines of text telling me what I did wrong at the end of each chapter so I can re-polish everything to publish it online and print it like an art of book to take to GDC and others.

I'm wanting to streamline my version 3 of the portfolio to cater to specific studios like: Kojima Productions, Capcom, Konami, Bethesda, Bioware, Hawken, Divison... and others I think are innovative in some way or another and that I find to have good design.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments, rate discussion. The program I traced, I did it with a lot of attention, (includes remakes of old films, remakes of old games into HD/AAA graphics, concepting looks from book fictions like Neuromancer and Lovecraft...) but it's subject to review and change.

Thanks for reading.
Miguel