Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

AR-15 9mm WIP Suggestions and Help

MMattice
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
MMattice polycounter lvl 4
Hey everyone, I am currently trying to build a 9mm AR15, and could really use some help!
Here are some reference images for the gun:

The first image is the design that I am going for, but the other images are just reference pieces. I have a ton more images, but these are the main ones that I have been using. 
This is what my model currently looks like: 

This is what I currently have. If anyone wants to see more, please let me know, and I'll post them. 
My main concern is that the receiver of the weapon isn't large enough, and some of the reference that I have been following has been a little misleading (certain pieces aren't matching when I model them). Does anyone have any suggestions on what I currently have? I am kind of stuck right now, and your feedback would really help! 

Replies

• ComradeDispenser
    Offline / Send Message
    ComradeDispenser polycounter lvl 3
    rail width is universal, you can use it as a measurement for the width along with the width of the mag. size of it looks fine, perspective distortion might give you that "its too small" effect
  • MMattice
    Offline / Send Message
    MMattice polycounter lvl 4
    rail width is universal, you can use it as a measurement for the width along with the width of the mag. size of it looks fine, perspective distortion might give you that "its too small" effect
    Thank you for your feedback, I have continued modeling, but I cannot help but feel that the gun is still too small.