Home Adobe Substance

Tint Mask Issues

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Screamheart polycounter lvl 8
Hello! I am making a tintmask for a Warframe helmet. For some reason, even though my blue and green are set to Screen, they are not blending with each other/red after being exported. I included all the useful screenshots I could think of. I've tried a bunch of things, including setting the fill layers to screen as well, but no dice.

Here is a link that tries to explain how to make it work, but I tried their way many times with no luck.
http://www.warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=substance-painter-shader

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    You might be better off using a more simple approach, consisting of using a regular ID map inside Painter (using "side by side" color regions, which is the standard in Substance), and creating the Warframe-specific mask (using "stacked RGB") completely separately.

I know that this doesn't directly answer your question, but at the very least it might help you simplify your process.
  • Screamheart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Screamheart polycounter lvl 8
    pior said:
    You might be better off using a more simple approach, consisting of using a regular ID map inside Painter (using "side by side" color regions, which is the standard in Substance), and creating the Warframe-specific mask (using "stacked RGB") completely separately.

I know that this doesn't directly answer your question, but at the very least it might help you simplify your process.
    Thanks. I still need to try and get an answer to my problem, but anything that simplifies the process is information I don't mind getting. xD
  • rohMizuno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    long shot here, but on your config you have "TintMask(from cache)" try selecting another option, them selecting the "TintMask" again, you might have change something on the export options but he is still use the old version, that is probably with the wrong settings.