Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] CCTV camera prop

Notte
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Notte polycounter lvl 3
I follow this community for some time and now I'm happy to finally join you.
Here is my small personal project wich purpose was to learn baking and texturing.
I have many doubts. Is it too boring? too noisy? too *insert here anything*? You know how it goes :wink:

Critique and comments are welcome! (Even harsh ones)

Rendered quickly in SP2. Final piece will be rendered in Marmoset.

Designed by Andrejs Skuja for Killzone 3

Replies

• CybranM
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator

I think the edge (red) should be a bit rounder to get a specular highlight. The top hatch (green) is rounder and stands out more on the concept. The blue areas are a lot darker on the concept as compared to the top and front plates and it should be easy to tweak the colour in the texture.

The shapes are good but I think you need to make the screws stand out a bit more, they blend in with the mesh a too well compared to the concept.
    You could probably remove some of the scratches on the side and add water streaks and perhaps some rust to make it feel more realistic.

Nice job over all though :smile:

• Notte
    Offline / Send Message
    Notte polycounter lvl 3
    You are right. I thought about rounding (red) edge but I got a little but too eager to get into texturing :blush:
    So maybe I should make hatch in geometry instead of baking it. It does look flat.

Thank you for reply! :smile:
  • Notte
    Offline / Send Message
    Notte polycounter lvl 3
    Hi:) I'm back with updated model and brand new textures. I have to admit it was kind of though for me. Decided to go for carbon steel look instead of rusty iron. What do you think guys? I am quite happy how it looks now. But for sure there is plenty of space for improvement :blush:
    Cheers!