Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Male anatomy character

Elie
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Elie polycounter lvl 7
Hi all, I work  on this male anatomy character, to improve my modeling skills, I focus on proportions and muscles to have a correct character in volume and topology. I'd like it to be a sporty/muscular "Champion" character :). For now I'd like to share the silhouette to point out the mistakes... Tell me what you think for usefull feedback !

Here we go with some simple screens :

Replies

• ashraful mobin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ashraful mobin polycounter lvl 10
    you need to focus on the proportion of arms, hands, legs, feet and shoulder area :)  
  • Elie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elie polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks for the reply, here's a little update with some little adjusts in zbrush (I'm new with it). I sacrifice the hands for now and try to focus on major members proportions before sculpting each muscle in detail... What do you think ? Is that believable ?
  • Elie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elie polycounter lvl 7
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Just a suggestion but there are some things you can do to add impact to your figure. Since its just pixols and it weighs nothing, you can add the impression of weight through stance. Pushing the pelvis forward and adjusting the rest of the figure to fit that will give it some presence and mass which will make it easier to sculpt. Perhaps not so important at the moment and depending on what you want from this figure: you only need detail on onjects/parts that are visible. Also for heroic figures the head size may be smaller to increase the impression of height.

Cheerio
  • Elie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elie polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks a lot Kanga, this helped. I neglected this character, for a while, I hope I will be able to finish him one day! Cheers
  • bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    Hey Elie, if you're serious about dipping into the world of anatomy sculpting I highly recommend picking up the .pdf version of Anatomy for Sculptors. It has heaps of wonderful and easy to digest anatomy information. 

I suggest masking and breaking up the object into separate meshes. This allows for more control in between muscles and forms. Below are some examples. 

I look forward to your progress!

Click me