Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Night trainning sesssion [UE4]

Dood1
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Dood1 vertex
An environment that I started recently. Its located in an industrial building and consists of an entrance corridor leading to the quarantine zone 

Replies

• Dood1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dood1 vertex

Some progress for today. From the gameplay perspective, the hallway is a checkpoint where the player will be able to save / refill  on supplies before heading into the quarantine zone, this explains some of the current / future design choices
  • Dood1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dood1 vertex

Spent too much time on the camera asset which doesnt even look good yet and  cant fully decide which direction to take this scene. 

• Dood1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dood1 vertex

Changed the narrative of the scene. Time to work on composition
  • FreneticPonies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FreneticPonies polycounter lvl 3
    Neat, definite horror/thriller vibe.
  • Macebo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macebo hero character
    Nice mood. Your environment changed quite a lot since your latest update. In the first two posts it looks a lot more like a quarantined space. But your latest gives me the feel of a school or something related to sports. Will this be a horror environment? Are you following a concept or is it your imagination? It would help if you tell us a little bit more about your objectives with this scene.

You mentioned quarantine so i presume mutated hazards out there... the door seems breached, so it'd be cool if it had a shadow of an invader (creature, zombie or a person) at the door on the right... or even a blood trail leading to it. 

Pontual things: that ball could be a basketball. Currently it looks like those yoga balls. Also, are there clocks that big?

I'm liking the direction of your scene, just tell us a bit more :)

BTW, i saw a face here xD

• Dood1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dood1 vertex
    Macebo said:
    Nice mood. Your environment changed quite a lot since your latest update. In the first two posts it looks a lot more like a quarantined space. But your latest gives me the feel of a school or something related to sports. Will this be a horror environment? Are you following a concept or is it your imagination? It would help if you tell us a little bit more about your objectives with this scene.

You mentioned quarantine so i presume mutated hazards out there... the door seems breached, so it'd be cool if it had a shadow of an invader (creature, zombie or a person) at the door on the right... or even a blood trail leading to it. 

Pontual things: that ball could be a basketball. Currently it looks like those yoga balls. Also, are there clocks that big?

I'm liking the direction of your scene, just tell us a bit more :)

BTW, i saw a face here xD

Hey man, thanks for the feedback. The idea for this environment is my own and the general direction that I'm trying to push this scene in is about a guy who decided to get a late night workout at a gym and is wrapping the sessions up with a shower. I wanna design this scene in a way that leaves room for different interpretations so that different people will be able to relate 

PS: That ball IS a basketball, but a placeholder xD I will be redesigning several props too to fit the new theme