Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Unity] Hogwarts's kitchen from Harry Potter

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Geausselain polycounter lvl 6
Hiiiiiiiiiii everybody!

It's my first post on Polycount so let me introduce myself quickly.
I'm Geausselain, a third grade digital art student at the school Isart Digital in France.

I want to share with you my work for fun but also to have as many feedback as possible, to improve myself as 3D Artist.
This is the project i'm working on:

~ Hogwarts's kitchen from Harry Potter ~

The goal is to create a 3D scene in Unity with a first player view. Since it's a school project, the constraints are to only use Unity, Maya and Photoshop.

First of all, I made a moodboard of every objects, architectures we see in my scene. (You can view the moodboard at this link)
Then I made a very rough photobashing concept right below:

The main idea was to work on two different spaces that are connected.
My central place is the kitchen of Hogwarts. I visualize it in a cellar with a low ceiling and a warm cosy light. The second place is a vegetable garden of the kitchen, that I viewed with a higher ceiling and bathed in the sun-light.

After a few feedbacks of the teachers, I had to reconcieve a smaller scene so I would be able to finish the project in time.

Therefore I did this blockout with the adjustments, I removed the vegetable garden:

The next step is to model further the walls and the floor, and to test some textures on it with Dishonored 2 as the graphic guideline.

I will post very soon the next step, so stay tuned and don't hesitate to critic. o/

Good bye and thank you for reading. :D

Replies