Home Career & Education

Selling Assets - Guidance? Middle-man?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
hmm_rock polycounter lvl 10
I've been really interested in selling assets in the Unreal/ Unity market place for about a year now, but whenever I start looking into the logistics and technical side of things (setting up the demo scene, file organization, continued support after release) I get overwhelmed and the up front labor costs seem to outweigh the monetary benefit, partially because it's hard to tell how much money you could pull in from a pack. There's also the legal side of things, taxes, etc. 

I've searched the forum and dipped my toes in the process enough to have a gras, but I'd really love to talk to someone 1 on 1 about the experience.

I'd also be interested in knowing if there are any "middle-man" services/ freelance employers who take care of the business/marketing side of things and allow the artist to focus on making the assets in exchange for a % of the profits. 

Replies

• heartlessph1l
    You could start your own store with gumroad. They do direct deposit of revenues to your bank account. You can sell whatever you want the way you want :-P
  • hmm_rock
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm_rock polycounter lvl 10
    You could start your own store with gumroad. They do direct deposit of revenues to your bank account. You can sell whatever you want the way you want :-P
    I guess that would alleviate a lot of the in-engine setup and whatnot, but I imagine that take quite a bit more self promotion and marketing. Definitely worth looking into and maybe a good place for me to start, thanks :)