Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Hangar 5 FMP

LVG
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
LVG polycounter lvl 12
Hi,

I've now completed my Final Major Project which started out as a Doom-like level and through iteration evolved into a more grounded in reality type of Sci-Fi Hangar, I would have liked to push this a lot further than I had but due to time constraints I had to cut down my work load, I used great artists such as Matthew Johns and Joshua Lynch as inspiration for this project, I also used this project as a way to learn new techniques and programs to further better my skills and understanding of production workflows. A major part of this project was to focus on lighting and composition to create an atmosphere and cold mood as It is something I have not really tried before, reading Clinton Crumpler's amazing 80.lv article on mood and story telling pushed me to try and create a scene that contained both.

I hope to revisit this level over the next few weeks to add in more content before I have to develop a show reel for my course, any feedback and critiques on of the current state of the level would be much appreciated.

Development Gif

Detail Lighting

Replies