Home Technical Talk

Blender Sculpt File freezes CPU?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
melviso polycounter lvl 10
Recently, I was sculpting some details for a bedsheet using Blender dynotopology and Blender freezed when I tried to go back to object mode. So I tried to reopen the file later which was saved with the high poly in sculpt mode. It takes a long time and eventually freezes running my disk usage to 99%. The file size is only 512mb. So I don't know why this would happen with Blender. I have updated my graphics driver to the latest today. Still the same thing-
Any one has any solution to this? Tried the pbvh branch same thing.

Replies

• melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    melviso polycounter lvl 10
    I think I might have figured it out. Seems the file is corrupt for some reason. I remember Blender crashing when I was trying to save the file. So the file refused to open when I tried loading the scene in Blender. So I used the .blend1 back up file to get back the file. Seems the backup file was corrupt as well so freezes the system when trying to open it. So if anyone has this problem, is probable the file might be corrupt or something, I opened one of my older sculpt files that is about 630mb, no issues.
    I may be wrong, but this worked in my own case. In case of next time, recovering file from the auto saves is a better option:
    https://www.blenderguru.com/tutorials/3-ways-recover-lost-work/