Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Slipher

Slipher
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Slipher polycounter lvl 4
Hello!

I'm working mainly in 3D modeling/sculpting. And some SP/SD work as well. I make assets for games mostly. I've been soaking up as much information as I can and practicing as often as possible. I used 3DS MAX for a number of years as a hobby for game modding (mostly Halo CE stuff). Right now I'm using Blender, ZBrushCore, and Substance Painter/Designer. I'm fairly familiar with handling assets in Unity and UE4. 

In this sketchbook I'd welcome any critique of my work you have as I'm always learning and looking for better and more productive ways to get things done. 

Thanks for having a look.

Replies

• Slipher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a knife model I made based off a reference by an unknown artist. I found the reference image on a language learning app and happened to save it. There are 2 variants on the texture. The model comes in at 1.6k tris.

• Slipher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's been a while since I've posted here and have been meaning to.
    For now I only have a short preview video of a particle effect I've made in Unreal Engine 4. I've attempted to create the telepipe effect from Phantasy Star Online. This is the first real thing I've tried to make in Cascade and I'm feeling more familiar with it. I'll keep experimenting with particle effects since I got a kick out of Cascade.

Telepipe Effect
  • Slipher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm still here and working on stuff. Been spending a lot of time in ZbrushCore lately and working on human anatomy and some creature sculpts.

I played with 3DCoat for the retopo features and I have to say they are rather nice. I prefer the 'feel' of sculpting in ZBrush to 3DCoat though. The UV unwrap features and painting in 3DCoat make me tempted to get a license to continue to mess with it.

Anyway, the meat of this will be some shots of a creature I've been developing. It's changed a LOT from the previous iteration and I feel my sculpting has become a bit better as well. I've spent some time doing facial studies. Sculpting a bunch of noses, mouths, and some eyes. 

If you happen to be checking out this post let me know what you think of the sculpt. 

• Slipher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have some more to show off of this creature now. It has a body now and is coming together. I have a 3/4 view and some silhouette shots from when I had it in a different pose. I'm going to be moving to retopologize the model next to get a animation/game engine ready asset.