Home Unreal Engine

Help - 2 sided assets are showing through one another. :(

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Apocrs1980 polycounter lvl 4

EDIT: Finally found it, the alpha was plugged into the material as an opacity rather than an opacity mask...however now the lighting is all messed up. Hard light on one side and specular lighting on the other with high contrast shadows. What a head ache :(

Hello all,

Hoping some one have some pointers on how to fix this, I'm sure there is a simple solution but I have wracked my brain for hours trying to fix it. See picture below:

As you can see in the Unreal Engine all of the planes are showing through one another :(
This is a group of duplicated plains done in 3dSmax grouped and exported in to the engine as one asset.

Can anyone offer some help? Anyone that is more experienced then I have already had this happen and found a solution?
Not sure if this is because I am setting up the file incorrectly upon exporting or if it is something simple to do with Unreal that I haven't figured out yet.

Help! :s

Replies

• Butthair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair polycounter lvl 11
    If you are using transparency, then sorting will mess up, use masked blending instead. It might mean a little rough alpha'd edges.

Turn off specular, set it to 0.

Take your base color and desaturate a little, plug that into your subsurface color. Set shading model to 2 sided foliage.