Home Marmoset

Keyshot pattern replicator in Marmoset?

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Maybe my question is dumb, but I'm a concept artist and use 3d only as a base for my concepts, so I'm not very knowledgeable about 3d and renderers (and I'm new posting here!). I know there is a way to create groups of 3d objects and, in Keyshot, make patterns from them, so you choose the number of copies, and in which edge will be created, how much they are separated in the space, and how scattered and rotated randomly they are, so it's quite cool to create repetitive landscapes, like buildings for a city, rocks for a dessert, etc. Here is a video of this feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLcDhniyupA

I was wondering if this can be done in Marmoset too, because I like the Marmoset result and it would be cool to build a scene like that there instead of Keyshot.

Thanks beforehand!

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is not something that is available in Toolbag. To get the same result, you would have to set this up in your 3D app of choice, and export the meshes to Toolbag, or place the meshes manually inside Toolbag. There may be some scripts that you can find to do similar things, depending on which 3D modeling app you use.
  • MarinaOrtega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! I supposed that was the answer, but since I'm not very experienced in these things I might have been missing something. Thanks for the reply :)