Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci Fi Pilot

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Colton polycounter lvl 2
Kicked off a new project today. I'll post updates whenever I get a chance to work on it. I'm still in the very early stages so I would love to see any references or ideas that you think I could incorporate. My current references include generic sci fi and whatever comes out of my head :P

Replies

• NickBaker1993
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's all looking awesome, I can see some small issues which are probably just because you're in the early stages. But I think the top of the head looks a little dull, maybe add some vents, or make it a little bulkier so it feels a bit more like a helmet and more protective.
  • Colton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Colton polycounter lvl 2
    @NickBaker1993
    Thanks for the comment! 

I had some more time to work on this today. I found a concept that I really like so I'm using that as a base. I toned down the aggressiveness of the helmet a little so hopefully that reads better now. Let me know what you think :D

• NickBaker1993
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah the dome looks much better with the extra detail added, you've added just enough geometry to make it look more solid instead of seeming like a bald cap or something lol. The outfit is looking great, it had a padded look without seeming like it's made of metal or something too solid and the addition of the oxygen hose really makes it feel like a pilots helmet.
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    Hey man, looking cool, here is some feedback on the design.  It's looking cool, now finish it! :D The shoulder straps with the circles that echo eachother could be cool if you made them a stronger visual element that interlocks with the rest of hte suit more. It would be nice to get some stronger value separation between a lot of the parts too, I'm sure you're still blocking stuff out of course. 

For some reason the image looks low res so here is a higher res to the feedback https://puu.sh/v2wp2/addf6862fb.png
  • Colton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Colton polycounter lvl 2
    Hey @AlexCatMasterSupreme
    I apologize for not thanking you earlier. You clearly put some time into your response. I ended up putting this character on hold the following day when I switched over to working on the Art Station challenge. I'll be sure to use your feedback when I go back to this character. In the meantime, you can check out my new project here if you're interested!

http://polycount.com/discussion/185908/artstation-challenge-adakite/p1?new=1