Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Looking for critique on this Ski Lodge Environment

Stewart774
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Stewart774 polycounter lvl 3
This is only my second full Environment as a 3D artist so i'm still learning a lot of things, so I'm looking what to change and what to add to the scene etc? 

Thanks Guys

Replies

• Stewart774
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • RustySpannerz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RustySpannerz polycounter lvl 13
    Haha, don't bump, just give us an update ;) 

It's actually a really good start, your understanding of space is good, and your materials look nice. I would take a look at similar pictures and see what yours is missing by comparison. I think this guy has a really good example of a lodge. 
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ykRJx

You've just got to think about how you get your piece to that same level. 
  • Gilgamesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh polycounter lvl 12
    Looks a good start, I think the floor texture is a bit off for some reason, maybe a little too larger a grain.  Rusty posted a good example of a texture with a nice bit of variation but it's also covered to give the floor a bit of interest.  Add some details like some items on the fireplace shelf.
  • Stewart774
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha, don't bump, just give us an update ;) 

It's actually a really good start, your understanding of space is good, and your materials look nice. I would take a look at similar pictures and see what yours is missing by comparison. I think this guy has a really good example of a lodge. 
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ykRJx

You've just got to think about how you get your piece to that same level. 
    Thanks very much, I have just over a month to complete it (student project) Thanks so much for linking that environment, its CRAZY good. I wish I could make stuff that good but not even sure how.
  • Stewart774
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh said:
    Looks a good start, I think the floor texture is a bit off for some reason, maybe a little too larger a grain.  Rusty posted a good example of a texture with a nice bit of variation but it's also covered to give the floor a bit of interest.  Add some details like some items on the fireplace shelf.
    Thank you, i'll work on smaller items to add.
  • Stewart774
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys here is a small update, what do you think? any other critique I can work on? Thanks!