Home Technical Talk

How to unwrap this model??

MujtabaYousuf
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MujtabaYousuf polycounter lvl 3
Helo guys.
I need to ask how should i begin to unwrap this model. there are some details on it. 

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Let's break this down: You have a big box with a smaller box cut into it, the big box is easy, those blue lines mark the seams already. You have a choice on the inset box: keep it as part of the large faces but have some stretching and a smaller space for the centers because you need room for the connecting faces as well. Or separate the small box, and either fully detach the connecting faces, or only cut them in the corners.

The handle(?) part you can think of as either a box or a cylinder. If you cut seams along the Y-facing faces, everything will unwrap nicely into U shapes and I strips.
  • MujtabaYousuf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MujtabaYousuf polycounter lvl 3
    Let's break this down: You have a big box with a smaller box cut into it, the big box is easy, those blue lines mark the seams already. You have a choice on the inset box: keep it as part of the large faces but have some stretching and a smaller space for the centers because you need room for the connecting faces as well. Or separate the small box, and either fully detach the connecting faces, or only cut them in the corners.

The handle(?) part you can think of as either a box or a cylinder. If you cut seams along the Y-facing faces, everything will unwrap nicely into U shapes and I strips.
    hey, thanks for the quick reply. I did this so far.

i dint quite understood what u said but i cut the seams on the corner and then unfold mapping .