Home Technical Talk

Is this a better place to ask about ZBrush?

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Vyktori polycounter lvl 4
I'm not very good at navigating forums, but I don't see a section dedicated to ZBrush. I've been asking questions over on ZBrushCentral, but no replies whatsoever. It is making it hard to learn. Is the Polycount forum more active and helpful?

Replies

• Michael Knubben
    You're asking 'can I ask you something' on a forum... wouldn't it be more practical to ask the question, and find out whether or not people will answer it?
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    You're asking 'can I ask you something' on a forum... wouldn't it be more practical to ask the question, and find out whether or not people will answer it?
    :)

OP - yes, PC is probably the most active CG forum you will find. Any ZB questions, put them here in Tech talk.
  • Vyktori
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't ask if I could ask something. I asked if this was a more active forum, because I'm not going to waste my time asking questions if there will be no reply.

I don't see it say not to link other forums and I have it explained here, so...

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?205921-Layers-getting-destroyed&p=1204320     (19 hours and 3 views on a weekend :'( )

This is just one issue I've had with ZBrush. I want to learn from my mistakes, but I don't know what my mistake was in this case. I'm hoping someone has had the same problem and it's a button somewhere. A lot of my issues are simple UI mess ups.

• musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Did you have MRGB enabled when you added the stitching? Delete the layer, disable MRGB, recreate the layer with the stitching. Layers can behave strangely when dealing with polypaint.

Also, when creating detail on layers you should always add it at the highest subdiv.
  • Vyktori
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you have MRGB enabled when you added the stitching? Delete the layer, disable MRGB, recreate the layer with the stitching. Layers can behave strangely when dealing with polypaint.

Also, when creating detail on layers you should always add it at the highest subdiv.

I was on SDiv3 when I added the detail to the layer. I just didn't have a screenshot of it. When I went back and forth from SDiv1 to 3 it worked fine at that point. Something later messed it up, but I'm not sure what. MRGB... No idea? I have no intention of using ZBrush for coloring. I just need the .obj geometry from it. Guess I need to look up what that is o.O Thank you~

Mod edit: Closed quote.